There are 3 steps involoved to switch to the new CRM.
Step 1: Switch
- Go to Customize > My Account.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- If you are currently using Method CRM and would like to switch to the new CRM, click switch to this edition for Method CRM for QB Desktop.
If you are currently using Method Full Blown Edition(now called Method CRM Pro) and would like to switch to the new CRM, click switch to this edition for Method CRM Pro for QB Desktop.
- Read the three warnings. There is no going back! But don't worry, all your existing screens will still be left intact for now.
- Click Switch Now.
- Wait some more. This could take about 15 minutes. Do not refresh your browser.
One thing to note is that for existing Method accounts under the CRM tab group > Home tab, the tab links will show the old tab links located under the old Home tab and the two new tab links called Home Dashboard and Email Templates.
Step 2: Configure
- Go to Customize > Tabs.
- Edit the QuickBooks tab to set the roles. Typically you would only want to grant rights to this tab for the Accountant, Administrator and Customizer roles.
- Edit the Customize tab to set the roles. Typically you would only want to grant rights to this tab for the Accountant, Administrator, Customizer, Director and Manager roles.
- Click Edit Tab Links beside Lists. For each tab link, edit the roles that can view it.
- Repeat the above steps for the QuickBooks tab links.
- Repeat the above steps for the Customize tab links.
- You may, at this time, also wish to edit the tab links for Activities, Campaigns, Cases, Customers, Employees, Leads, Mobile, Opportunities, Solutions, Vendors, Vendor Leads and QuickBooks Home. By default, however, the Staff role should be able to see these.
- Go to Customize > Users.
- For each user, edit their settings, and modify Step 4, 5 and 6.
- Under Step 4 of 10, they should only need access to the CRM and the QuickBooks tab groups, with the default being CRM.
- Under Step 5 of 10, specify which roles they should belong to.
- Step 6 is a big feature called Shared Lists and is heavily integrated into the CRM. Shared Lists are a way for an administrator to control which lists users will see for each user in Method. By default, each user will see all lists. If you decide to turn Shared Lists on use it sparingly, since it really prevents users from seeing each other’s work - which is not always a good thing in a collaborative environment!
Step 3: Transition
After a week or so, come back to finish Step 3: Transition. You still have "CRM" or "Full Blown" in your account, so your old standard screens and custom screens are still there. But ideally, you have brought your customized screens into the CRM and QuickBooks Tab Groups and have stopped using the previous tab groups. Once this is done, it's time to clean up your account.
- Go to Customize > My Account.
- Under Method Full Blown Edition, click Remove App, and then Remove App further down. If you have Method CRM Edition, follow the same steps except for your edition.
- Go to Customize > Tabs. Are there any tabs you don't need any more, like Sales Center and Call Center? If so, remove them.
- Go to Customize > Tab Groups. Are there any tab groups you don't need any more, like Sales and Marketing and Support Dept.? If so, remove them.
Danny Do Couto is the Chief Operating Officer at Method Integration. He has been a part of the Alocet Incorporated family since 2003 where he helped in the maturity of Alocet’s existing brands, QXpress Scheduling Software and LM Software. In 2006, he switched his focus to building the team, organizational structure, and business network for Alocet’s new Method Integration division. Danny brings with him a strong background in management and technology, having completed his education at Seneca College in Computer Engineering and Network Security. His passion is helping accountants, consultants and product developers with implementing Method into their businesses, and is quickly rising on the “who’s who” in the small business accounting software community. He frequently travels throughout the United States and Canada spreading the word about Method and is a regular contributor to the Method Integration blog. Danny lives in his hometown of Toronto, Ontario – Canada, and can be reached at 1-888-925-6238 ext. 708, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.