The following indicates which accounting application(s) the release note(s) apply to.
- QBD = QuickBooks Desktop
- QBO = QuickBooks Online
- New - if a lead is related to a campaign, you can now select that campaign using the “Campaign” dropdown list. Only active campaigns will appear in this dropdown. (QBD & QBO)
- New - you can now add a new QuickBooks Sales Rep by clicking the < Add New > option under the Sales Rep dropdown List. (QBD)
- Improved - the “Lead Rating” dropdown list now defaults to “Hot”. Previously this dropdown was blank until a value was assigned. (QBD & QBO)
- Improved - the caption for “Customer Name” was changed to “Lead Name”. After all, we are adding a lead not a customer. ;-) (QBD & QBO)
- Improved - the “Contact” field has now been made a required field to be entered in. Why? This avoids problems down the road if you’re trying to add a new activity/opportunity/case and are unable to locate the lead because the contact name is empty. (QBD)
- Improved - the “First Name” field has now been made a required field to be entered in. Why? This avoids problems down the road if you’re trying to add a new activity/opportunity/case and are unable to locate the lead because the contact name was empty. (QBO)
- Improved - when checking or un-checking the “Add Additional Info” checkbox, the cursor wasn’t jumping to the “Terms” dropdown automatically. (QBO)
- Improved - added the following two columns in the dropdown list for “Sales Rep”. (QBD)
- Sales Rep Name - 2nd column in dropdown
- Entity Type - 3rd column in dropdown
- Fix - when clicking on the date in the “Next Activity” column, the record ID of the activity was not getting passed. This resulted in a blank activity appearing. Yuck! We’ve now fixed it so the associated activity appears. Special thanks to Mark Crews for bringing this to our attention. (QBD)
Danny Do Couto is the Chief Operating Officer at Method Integration. He has been a part of the Alocet Incorporated family since 2003 where he helped in the maturity of Alocet’s existing brands, QXpress Scheduling Software and LM Software. In 2006, he switched his focus to building the team, organizational structure, and business network for Alocet’s new Method Integration division. Danny brings with him a strong background in management and technology, having completed his education at Seneca College in Computer Engineering and Network Security. His passion is helping accountants, consultants and product developers with implementing Method into their businesses, and is quickly rising on the “who’s who” in the small business accounting software community. He frequently travels throughout the United States and Canada spreading the word about Method and is a regular contributor to the Method Integration blog. Danny lives in his hometown of Toronto, Ontario – Canada, and can be reached at 1-888-925-6238 ext. 708, or via email at email@example.com.