"May" version now available
The following updates are now available on the staging site. You can access the May version by clicking "Switch to the May version" when you sign into Method.
- Gmail Gadget beta - use Google Apps? You can now use Method directly inside Gmail. To join the beta, read more about it here.
- New look for My Profile - My Profile got a face-lift to accommodate the preferences settings needed for the Gmail Gadget.
- Long process health-check - if your actions take more than 15 seconds to complete, a new health-check feature will reach out to our server to give you a status update. This is also designed to help alert you to situations where your browser appears to "hang", since if the health-check comes back with a failed result, you'll be prompted to reload your screen.
- Grid checkboxes now support the shift key - you can now hold the SHIFT key down on your keyboard when clicking checkboxes in a grid to fill in between you current click and last click. For example, if you need to select the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th checkbox, click the 3rd checkbox, hold SHIFT, clicking the 6th checkbox will automatically select the 4th and 5th as well.
- Highlight grow row - when you hover over a grid row link the row temporarily highlights.
- Fix: portal session timeouts – if a portal session becomes invalid, your customers now get sent back to the portal login screen they came from (either the email login screen or user name & password login screen). Previously it would always send you back to user name & password login screen in this situation.
- Fix: "invalid session" - if you were signed into Method for more than 24 hours you'd be forced to sign back into Method again. This also happened when more than one user was logged into the same browser on the same computer into the same company account at the same time (only common during customization). Both these issues were inadvertently caused by security improvements in the April version.
- Fix: can no longer rename "Contacts_Portal" - previously we allowed users to rename the "Contacts_Portal". This caused too many problems, especially in areas referenced the portal by name.
- Fix: deleting screens that are referenced - previously if you made a copy of a screen and replaced references from the old screen with the new screen....problems could be caused if you then deleted the new screen. This has been resolved.
- Fix: Create Short Method URL - editing this action in the designer would mistakenly give a message "Please choose which contact this opt out is being sent to." when generating a portal link.
- Fix: removed the tab link hover names from within the portal - your end customers don’t need to see that information.
- Fix: prevent invalid user email addresses - a validation check is now made to ensure that the email address entered under Customize > Users is a true email address.
While studying at Queen's School of Business in 1999, Paul founded Alocet Incorporated, developing 'QXpress', which later became the top rated field service scheduling add-on for QuickBooks.
Alocet Incorporated later went on to create Method Integration - an innovative small business management platform that allows users to create their own web apps for QuickBooks.