Method Community

Email issue

Last post 03-05-2012 4:44 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-05-2012 11:01 AM

• csmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 20

Email issue

We are using the activity table to send out automatic notification emails when the Due Date is past.  I put in our email credentials in the "My Account" tab link.  After clicking the "Save and Send Test Email" I received a succesful email:

Email Settings Test Successful!

This email has been sent to test the settings you entered for your XXXXX email server. No action is required by you - this email concludes the test.

Regards,

The Method Team

So, then I created a test activity to test whether or not the emails will work in the real world, and I received an error notification:

Email Send Failure Alert

The following email failed to send:

Failed Reason The operation has timed out.
    Company Account XXXX
    Server Address XXXX
    Server User XXXX
    Use SSL? True
    Port
    From Name XXXX Administrator
    From Address XXXX
    To
    XXXX
    CC
    BCC
    Subject
    Test Subject
    Body Test Body

Tips:

• If some emails are working and some are not working, chances are you are using a bad email address. Ensure the sender email address is permitted to send through this email server, and that the 'To' email address is valid.
    • If you are sending email with SSL, try going to Customize > My Account > Default Email Preferences and changing the port to 587. If that doesn't work, try 465. Most SSL servers support one or the other.
    • If you are sending email with SSL, make sure your email server truly supports it. Try going to Customize > My Account > Default Email Preferences and changing the SSL on and off to see what is permitted.

• 03-05-2012 4:44 PM In reply to

Re: Email issue

Answer

Hi csmp,

If you go to Customize>Users, and you click on the Edit link for your user, in Step 2 of 10: Email Setup,  do you have a check in the checkbox for Use default email server settings? If you don't, please click Here for the solution article which will help you in setting up your e-mail server settings in Method from our brand new Method CRM Help Center.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)