Method Community

Inactive Items in Estimates

Last post 05-14-2012 12:19 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2012 10:00 AM

Inactive Items in Estimates

When we create an Estimate our Item drop down includes Inactive Items.  How do we get it to show only Active Items?

• 05-09-2012 2:42 PM In reply to

Re: Inactive Items in Estimates

JKM@SA:
    How do we get it to show only Active Items?

Great question!  I just finished some customization on my end and had to do something very similar.  

Create a copy of the QuickBooks_Estimate screen and open up the screen designer to edit this page.  Once you have your copy open click edit on the grid for EstimateLine.  On step 2 of editing click the Advanced link for the Item field.  On this page you'll see a Filters section and you should be able to build a filter to only show Active items.

~C

• 05-09-2012 3:13 PM In reply to

I just want to follow up on my post.  By default, estimate items should only be showing Active items.  If you're looking at a stock Method screen and it's showing inactive items, I can ask the dev team to look into it.  Please confirm.

~C

• 05-10-2012 7:38 AM In reply to

Yes, we are using a stock Method Estimate screen.  Inactive items are showing up.  Would appreciate if you look into it.

• 05-10-2012 9:26 AM In reply to

JKM@SA:
    Would appreciate if you look into it.

We're pushing out an update this week to correct this - I'll update this post with the release notes when it goes live.

~C

• 05-14-2012 12:19 PM In reply to

Answer

JKM@SA:
    Would appreciate if you look into it.

I just wanted to point you to our latest release notes and let you know that this issues is now resolved.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)