Method Community

Syncing Gmail/ Mac Mail with Method?

Last post 05-15-2012 8:22 AM by Method_Paul. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-02-2012 1:11 PM

Syncing Gmail/ Mac Mail with Method?

Hello,

I see that there is a way to synchronize Outlook with Method. Is there a way to sync gmail with Method?

• 04-02-2012 1:48 PM In reply to

Re: Syncing Gmail/ Mac Mail with Method?

Hi jnairn,

Our team is currently working on Google integration but there's no ETA on this just yet. I can tell you I've seen it "in the labs" and was impressed. You can expect a blog entry and other forms of announcement about this as we get closer to release.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 04-02-2012 3:05 PM In reply to

@jnairn - three things I'll add to what Val wrote is:

- Our gmail gadget is using "Google Contextual Gadgets" which are only applicable to Google Apps accounts (i.e. the paid business version of gmail, not the freebie gmail).

- If you use Google Apps, you can currently sync it with Outlook using Google Apps Sync. That's what we use in the office (well, those of us not alpha testing the gmail gadget).

- I expect our gadget to go into beta later this month.

Paul

• 04-02-2012 3:25 PM In reply to

- Ok, great. I will look into the Google apps sync and see if I can figure it out.

- We have a paid business version of gmail.

-Thanks for your help!

• 04-02-2012 3:34 PM In reply to

@jnairn - great that you are on Google Apps.

Out of interest - what are you looking for it to do for?  Show a customers info when you answer an email (if so what info)?  Add the email as an activity into Method?  Create follow-up reminders?  

Paul

• 04-02-2012 3:42 PM In reply to

Please let me know if I have this straight, because I am a bit confused.

I am going to use Google Apps Sync because my company currently uses gmail and I want to sync gmail with Method???

Google apps sync will synchronize my gmail with Outlook, which will allow me to synchronize my email with Method???

• 04-02-2012 3:49 PM In reply to

I am looking to track each customer's emails in Method. Our clients send emails for quotes, orders, complaints etc, and I want to track them all in one place. Sometimes they send emails regarding the same issue to several employees and it would be good for everyone to see all the communication that takes place. Or sometimes, a customer will communicate with one employee and then that employee is absent, and no one knows what communication took place between that employee and that customer.

Makes sense?

• 04-02-2012 4:01 PM In reply to

@jnairn - "I am going to use Google Apps Sync because my company currently uses gmail and I want to sync gmail with Method??? Google apps sync will synchronize my gmail with Outlook, which will allow me to synchronize my email with Method???"

-Google Apps Sync allows Outlook users to use Outlook and Gmail.  That then allows you to use the Method Outlook plug in.  If you don't already use Outlook - this is going to be overkill, and you're better to wait for a couple weeks until you can use our gmail plugin.

In regards to your needs - everything you are looking for is there, plus more.  Pretty sure you'll like it.  It automatically detects the customer based on their email address, displays past activities, cases, opportunities and QuickBooks transactions.  It also allows you to add activities, along with the email contents, sync attachments to Method documents, and create cases and opportunities - all directly inside gmail.

Paul

• 04-02-2012 4:11 PM In reply to

Ok, thanks much. I will wait until that plug-in becomes available, because we do not currently use Outlook.

I am excited.. hurry up and get that plug in activated!!! :).

• 04-02-2012 4:48 PM In reply to

Do you guys need any beta testers?

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 05-15-2012 8:22 AM In reply to

Answer

@jnairn - just wanted to let you know that as of today we're quietly accepting requests for beta invites for the Gmail Gadget. You can now read about the gadget here:

http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=MethodCRM&id=204

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)