Method Community

default to datetime of email

Last post 05-30-2012 2:56 PM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2012 12:12 PM

default to datetime of email

It would be great if the datetime of activity defaulted to email datetime rather than current datetime.  Or Is this a setting that I missed?

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 05-29-2012 12:15 PM In reply to

Re: default to datetime of email

I have this same comment...  Would be great to default to the email's date & time rather than current time.  Also, if in the Sent folder, default the activity type to Email Outgoing instead of Email Incomming.

​Selwyn van Rooyen | 321.800.8410
    Advanced Certified Method Consultant
    www.wynsolutions.com
  • 05-29-2012 12:31 PM In reply to

Selwyn van Rooyen:

I have this same comment...  Would be great to default to the email's date & time rather than current time.  Also, if in the Sent folder, default the activity type to Email Outgoing instead of Email Incomming.

Selwyn - You can set a default activity type for the activity your entering but not a special one for "Sent Items".  I think it woud be really confusing for a user to have yet another preference for "Sent Items".

• 05-30-2012 10:12 AM In reply to

Hi Danny - If you're able to, it makes sense to me to put that one additional setting in there for a default activity type when in the sent items folder.  That way, we don't have to change the type over and over again. Currently, if I set the default to Email Outgoing, then when adding activities from folders other than the Sent folder, I have to change the type to Email incomming.  If I set the default to Email Incomming, I then have to chenge it when in the Sent folder.

www.wynsolutions.com
  • 05-30-2012 11:08 AM In reply to

Selwyn - If I'm replying to an email though, 99.9% of the time I select "Emai Incoming & Outgoing" if I am replying to the email I received.  Email Incoming means I received an email and did not reply to it, however I want to log this in Method CRM.  

• 05-30-2012 1:44 PM In reply to

Danny - We all work differently...  I find that after talking with clients or leads on the phone, I then send follow up emails giving them information that I'd like to log.  I compose, and then go to the Sent folder to add as an activity after its been sent.  Equally as often, I'll reply to an email like you do and then use the Email Sent and Received type.  These two scenarios make up the bulk of what I'm using it for, so I thought it would be a good suggestion for there to be another default or preference there...  Just a suggestion though.

www.wynsolutions.com
  • 05-30-2012 2:08 PM In reply to

Selwyn - Totally appreciate the feedback but I'm not sure putting a preference would eliminate the need to change the "Edit Details".  Even if you had a preference that you could set so that "Sent Items" were given the default type of "Email Outgoing" it wouldn't' solve for the emails where you replied.  You'd still have to click on "Edit Details" and select "Email Incoming & Outgoing" activity type.  Tongue Tied

I think your best bet is to set your default activity type to the one you use most often.  In your case, it sounds like "Email Outgoing".  

• 05-30-2012 2:24 PM In reply to

I see what you're saying, and perhaps its not technically possible based on what you're describing...  The two scenarios aren't handled the same in Gmail though since when I reply to a message, I don't have to go to the sent Items folder to add the activity but can do this right from the Inbox or other folder.  When I compose a new message, I do have to go to the Sent Items folder to assign it an activity after sending.

www.wynsolutions.com
  • 05-30-2012 2:56 PM In reply to

Selwyn - Unfortunately that is a Google Gadgets limitation and not a Method Gadget limitation.  Google Gadgets do not appear for any gadget in the "Compose" screen.  It sucks because it would be way sweeter to have it on the same screen but that part is beyond our control.  If or when they add this, we'd of course want to take advantage of it.  I hear you loud and clear. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)