Method Community

Adding Title to Contact on New Lead Screen

Last post 01-09-2014 9:08 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2014 5:28 PM

Adding Title to Contact on New Lead Screen

I'm trying to add Title to the contact information that is taken from a new lead.  But when I try to customize the New Lead screen, I don't see the option to add the Contact Title field.

• 01-09-2014 8:25 AM In reply to

Re: Adding Title to Contact on New Lead Screen

Hi mmcgrath,

You actually aren't going to see the Title field on the New Lead screen because this screen is based off the Customer table.  The Title field is linked to the actual Lead Contact, not the Lead Customer. To help explain this further, from Method edit an existing Lead, then scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the Contacts tab.  Choose a Contact and click edit, you will notice a new pop-up screen Edit Contacts, the third field down is "Title".

I hope this helps with your Customization, if this is still unclear just let me know and we can expand on this.

-Ben

• 01-09-2014 8:41 AM In reply to

Thanks Ben,

That's what I assumed.  Is there a way to link the Title field so that it will show up on the New Lead Screen?  Or is this not possible.

Thanks

• 01-09-2014 9:08 AM In reply to

mmcgrath - I am not sure it would be possible to use a linked field in the Customer Table for the Contacts Title, this would likely cause some issues (what if you have many Contacts tied to one Customer).  Have you considered adding a custom field to your Customer Table, call it "Job Title"?  Just note, with this method if you were to convert the Lead to a Customer, this custom field wouldn't sync over to QuickBooks.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)