Method Community

Report, dividing the total amount due

Last post 08-03-2011 9:35 AM by John M. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-02-2011 4:32 PM

Report, dividing the total amount due

Greetings,

Im taking the simple estimate report and i want to divide the AmountTotal field and divide that by 12. I want to get a monthly amount in a new field.

Anyhelp?

Thanks, John M

• 08-02-2011 6:35 PM In reply to

Re: Report, dividing the total amount due

Answer

Thank goodness i did not throw out my old VB books. They were really dusty.

label5.text = xrLabel39.text \ 12

There is the script. Works great. I want my future customers to know what the monthly cost will be for their gardening service.

• 08-03-2011 8:35 AM In reply to

Great job! Geeked  Having a bit of VB knowledge does come in handy when working with the scripts in the report designer.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 08-03-2011 8:50 AM In reply to

John M,

One thing I'll add to this (since there are other non script people reading this that we don't want to freek out!) is that before resorting to VB script, you can always try to accomplish your calculations using Calculated Fields.  You can right-click on a table in the designer and add a calculated field, and then drag that calculated field onto the report.  It will often accomplish what your VB script does, but using a much easier to use wizard.

Paul

• 08-03-2011 9:35 AM In reply to

Greetings,

Rats! i did not know about the right click thing on the table designer. I tried it and it was so quick. Just like using excel or access. One of these days i will have to break out the manual on this. Thanks guys

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)