Method Community

Email Failure

Last post 01-24-2014 8:11 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2014 3:51 AM

Email Failure

Hi

I am having problems sending emails to customers through the CRM system. Under 'activity' there is an option to check the 'send an email' box to send an email to the customer. 

This used to work as I have sent emails to customers on a daily bases before but it appears that all of a sudden (over the past few weeks) my emails are failing.

After 30 minuets of CRM attempting to send my email I get the following message below sent to my Microsoft Outlook account. There is nothing wrong with the email addresses themselves because when I send them through my email account they work fine. 

Email Send Failure Alert

The following email failed to send. Method has tried to send this email via your specified mail server a total of 5 times, approximately 5 minutes apart, before giving up.

Response from Mail Server

Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: relay not permitted

Tips:

• If some emails are working and some are not working, chances are you are using a bad email address. Ensure the sender email address is permitted to send through this email server, and that the 'To' email address is valid.
    • If you are sending email with SSL, try going to Customize > My Account > Default Email Preferences and changing the port to 587. If that doesn't work, try 465. Most SSL servers support one or the other.
    • If you are sending email with SSL, make sure your email server truly supports it. Try going to Customize > My Account > Default Email Preferences and changing the SSL on and off to see what is permitted.
    • If you are getting a 'Relaying Denied' or 'Unable to relay' error, please ask your email server administrator to disable or remove any 'POP-Before-SMTP' settings - which are not supported by Method.
    • For more tips visit the Method CRM Help Center

Can you please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks in adavnce for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

Laura Warford

• 01-24-2014 8:11 AM In reply to

Re: Email Failure

Hi Laura,

First of all, I hope you don't mind, I removed any personal information that was in your first post, but I did keep the one error message that gives us a hint to why you can't send emails anymore.

"Response from Mail Server: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: relay not permitted"

This message likely means that your Email Service Provider either doesn't allow "Open Relay" (the ability to send emails throuhg a SMTP Mail Server), or you have reached the limit that your Service Provider has allowed on your account.  If you were able to send emails through Method before, than I would have to guess it's the second reason.  I recommend contacting your Mail Service Provider to find out these details and if this is happening, hopefully they will be able to give you a hand in resolving it.

If you find that your emailing issue isn't a result of the two suggestions I mentioned above, I would recommend giving us a call in Support and we can check a few of your email settings.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)