Method Community

Work orders and contacts

Last post 04-08-2014 2:03 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2014 9:17 AM

Work orders and contacts

When you are in a customers file and you create a new activity for that customer, the Activity file opens and populates the Contact field with the customers name. That Contact field is the direct link to recent history, opportunities, and cases. The problem I am having is when I am in fieldservices calendar and I make a new workorder for a customer, that workorder dosnt populate the contact field. So later when Im back in the customers file and I open that workorder activity, its not directly linked to the contact field forcing me to do it manually.

How do I link a workorder from inside fieldservice calendar to populate the contact field in the activity list.

• 04-07-2014 8:20 AM In reply to

Re: Work orders and contacts

Hi Wildliferemoval,

The reason this happens is because work orders are setup by default to only show in the Field Servies app, and are meant for the customer and not the contact. So when you view them in the Activity screen in the CRM, where a contact is required, you get what you are seeing.

You can however add the contact to the work order.  You could add the Contact dropdown to your screen, allowing you to select the contact you wish to add to the work order.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-07-2014 6:22 PM In reply to

Ok, get it to work. thanks

• 04-08-2014 2:03 PM In reply to

Great to hear!

- Adam