Method Community

Fieldservice add/edit and print.

Last post 04-29-2014 11:26 AM by guy. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2014 3:45 PM

• guy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-21-2014
    • Posts 12

Fieldservice add/edit and print.

I have been reading several post on tables, fields,screens and report designer. I am starting to under stand it but still not sure how to add a drop down box in workorder add/edit from customer equipment and have it show up on the printed workorder in report designer or have the customer equipment added in the field column on the right.
    This is what I am trying to achive, when I open up a new work order on a customer and I enter the customer name select the one I want. Now I want to enter the unit number for the equipment the customer has. but when I chose equipment at the bottom it gives me a list of 50 customers that might have 10 different equipment for each customer. How can I chose the equipment from only the customer I have opened on my workorder. Then I want to print out the workorder and it show (unit #, make , model, serial #, VIN#, pump# and so on).

I have attached a picture of how I would like the information to look.
    I am not sure if the workorder is showing up on here. still trying to figure out how to insert it.

Thanks
    workorder

• 04-29-2014 10:15 AM In reply to

Re: Fieldservice add/edit and print.

Hi Guy,

Here's what I am envisioning...

You can filter the equipment dropdown based on the customer for the work order.  This will give you all of his equipment. To do this, first assign the Customer of the work order to a SharedResult. You will use this SharedResult to filter the Equipment dropdown in the Job Details screen.  My suggestion would be to do this on the OnScreenLoad action (click the Advanced button at the top of the screen designer) and also on the Customer dropdown. This way either if this is a new work order, or an existing one, the SharedResult is set.

Then, edit the Equipment dropdown on the FieldService_EditJobItems screen. on step 4 of 6 on the dropdown. Add a second column showing the Customer.  Then, proceed to step 5 and create a filter. This filter can be set to filter the Customer based on the SharedResult you created in the other screen.

Here are some screen to illustrate:

For the second part, I'd add your warranty, make, model, ...etc fields as linked fields to the ActivityJobItems table. This will then show them as fields on the screen.  I have to say that I ran into a hiccup when attempting this, so I'm looking into why I couldn't add them as linked fields.  I wasn't able to add them as linked fields, though I believe I should be able to.  My thought was that once they are added as linked fields, you can also then add them as fields on your work order template to show on the work order.

I'll look into the linked fields and try to find a work around to this.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-29-2014 11:26 AM In reply to

• guy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-21-2014
    • Posts 12

Re: Fieldservice add/edit and print.

THANKS, ON THE SECOND PART I HAD TRIED TO LINK IT ALSO BUT THOUGHT I WAS NOT DOING SOMTHING RIGHT TRIED EVEN TO LINK TO DIFFERENT ACTIVITY WITHIN ACTIVITY AND IN CUSTOMERS BUT NOTHING WORKED.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)