Method Community

Can't add/edit terms

Last post 02-05-2011 7:04 AM by Method_Paul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2011 7:48 PM

Can't add/edit terms

Hi, I get this message when trying to add/edit terms:

"This record could not be saved. The version of your accounting software does not support edits on this list or transaction from 3rd party software. Try editing the record directly in your accounting software instead."

We use Quickbooks Pro 2009 as our desktop software. Is there a setting I need to change from Quickbooks so that we can edit from Method in the future?

• 02-04-2011 8:01 PM In reply to

Re: Can't add/edit terms

Answer

Andy -

No version of QuickBooks supports an EDIT of an existing term using the QuickBooks SDK.  I guess Intuit didn't think people would want it - I'm sure we both beg to differ!  We have no control over this, and all developers integrating with QuickBooks have the same limitation.

You should be able to ADD new terms, though. 

Paul

• 02-04-2011 8:20 PM In reply to

Thanks for the fast response. Adding terms works for me, but I can't edit the terms, even the ones I add myself, right?

• 02-05-2011 7:04 AM In reply to

Andy - once you add a term and it goes to QuickBooks, it really is no different from a term you added directly in QuickBooks. Neither QuickBooks nor Method treats it any differently.

However, the one exception is more complicated.  If you add a term in Method, but it hasn't synced to QuickBooks yet, you can still edit it.  Method will treat it as being in in "ADD mode" until it actually gets picked up by QuickBooks.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)