Method Community

Problem with "Saving Profile" changes

Last post 03-18-2011 2:13 PM by Method_Michael. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2011 12:58 PM

Problem with "Saving Profile" changes

Method team,

I have made some changes and added fields to the "Contacts Portal Edit Profile" screen and am now getting an error when clicking the "Save" button.

I want the action to update the address, city, state and zip fields as the screen does for the first and last name fields. I copied the update field function for the name fields and changed the appropriate parameters so it updates the address fields.

However, when I login through the portal and make changes on the Edit Profile screen, I get an error that says, "Can't update field becuase it's not in the table."

Although when I set up the funtion I have the choice of selecting the right field from the table which is the contacts table. I even tried pulling the data from another table, and still no luck getting it to update.

Any thoughts on why the save function doesnt recognize the field and table?

• 03-18-2011 2:13 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with "Saving Profile" changes

Hi Matt,

Based on what you have mentioned I tried the following.

1. Created a new field called TestField in the Contacts table.
    2. Edited the ContactsPortal_EditProfile screen and added a new textbox to the Edit Contact information section.
    3. Copied an existing update action and changed it to update TestField and pull the value from the textbox I just created.

I'm assuming this is more or less the process you used. Following this process I had no issues.

You may have just missed something, I would make a copy of the current button and delete all the new update actions that were added and test the button again, if it works I would add one Update action at a time and test it after adding each action to narrow down the cause.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)