Method Community

Invoice Import

Last post 11-29-2011 12:45 PM by Method_Michael. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-29-2011 11:56 AM

Invoice Import

Hello

I am very new to Method.  I have not committed to this program yet but it appears to be the best and most flexible CRM out there.  The only item holding us up right now (10-15 users)  is ensuring that invoices from QuickBooks can be imported properly.  Yes, I know that Method syncs with QB seamlessly but that's only with the PC version.  We have just recently transitioned the entire office to MACs.  We really just need Method as a CRM for now until Method creates a MAC platform.  So our solution to provide sales data to our sales team is to export invoices from QB into a csv file and import to Method.  I have attempted a "dummy" import and it hasn't worked.  I'm certain I am doing something wrong but I can't justify committing to Method as our CRM until I actually know and/or see our invoices import to Method.  I will also need to be sure payments are exported from our QB file and imported and applied to the corresponding customers.   I guess my question is three fold...

1. Can someone confirm for me that the process I stated above for importing invoices and customer payments is 100% possible?2. If it is possible, can someone show me how or create the table/format/import for me? 

3. How far out is Method from creating a MAC compatible version of Method?

Thanks!

Marci

• 11-29-2011 12:45 PM In reply to

Re: Invoice Import

Answer

Marci-

Method is designed to work work with QB that being said what you are trying to do is possible but a lot of work. Any transcation you import would be a 2 step process first importing the Transction(Invoice) and then the Transaction lines (Invoice Lines), these 2 are linked by a RecordID which is generated at the time of inserting a record, which means you would first have to import all the Invoices once imported get the RecordID's for those invoices and then add that RecordID to the appropriate Invoice Line items.

As it stands there is no SDK for the MAC version of QuickBooks so even if we wanted to integrate with it we are unable to.

We have some users who use QuickBooks for Windows on a Mac running parallels which works with the Method Sync Engine.

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)