Method Community

Cannot select Service Item when creating new Time Tracking Entry

Last post 08-29-2011 10:31 AM by m.mehr. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2011 8:17 PM

• m.mehr
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Henderson, NV
    • Posts 100

Cannot select Service Item when creating new Time Tracking Entry

In an effort to workaround my last post regarding an error when approving a time entry, I clicked on the Enter Time button on the Time Tracking tab within a Contract/Budget.  Service Item is greyed out and cannot be populated, yet Time Entry cannot be saved without it.

I am trying so hard to stick with Method to do my billing, but it is still imposible to bill individual time entries as line items (I cannot believe I am the only Method ProSvcs user who bills like this), and I seem to hit a new roadblock every couple of weeks or so, most of which prevent me from billing my clients on a timely basis.

Thanks
    Michael 

Michael J. Mehr, CPA.CITP
    michael@mehrcpa.com
  • 08-28-2011 9:12 AM In reply to

Re: Cannot select Service Item when creating new Time Tracking Entry

Michael - you really should be able to have access to the Service Item for time tracking.  I haven't seen any situations where this isn't the case.

I agree with you - with this standing in your way, there's no way you could do billing based on time tracking.

I have just regenerated all the screens on your account (it's an anonymous one-click republish procedure we have).  Can you see if that cleared the problem for you?

Paul

• 08-29-2011 9:10 AM In reply to

Michael,

Can you let me know if the response from Method_Paul  has helped address this? Otherwise, I can look into situations where service item would be greyed out or disabled within Pro Services.

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 08-29-2011 10:31 AM In reply to

• m.mehr
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Henderson, NV
    • Posts 100

The service item is no longer greyed out, but the error that results when approving a time entry converted from an activity persists.

Michael J. Mehr, CPA.CITP
    michael@mehrcpa.com
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)