Method Community

Settings using Customized Screens

Last post 05-31-2012 7:22 AM by Selwyn van Rooyen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2012 8:46 AM

Settings using Customized Screens

I notice that my customized screens do not come up in the settings to map as a landing page to View / Edit in Method.  Will this be possible in the future or is this a limitation of the gadget?

​Selwyn van Rooyen | 321.800.8410
    Advanced Certified Method Consultant
    www.wynsolutions.com
  • 05-15-2012 12:20 PM In reply to

Re: Settings using Customized Screens

Answer

Selwyn - it really *should* let you choose your customized screens.

So if you go to Settings > Company-wide preferences > Customer, the dropdown doesn't include tab links that point to your customized screens?

Don't forget it's looking at tab links, not screens. The criteria it is looking for is that the base table of the screen is the Customer table. 

If that doesn't solve it for you, send me a quick PM or email with the company account name and the tab link that should be showing up in your list to choose for the customer and we'll take it from there.

Paul

• 05-15-2012 12:27 PM In reply to

ok, I see.  I assumed it was looking at screens, but it's looking at tab links.  Thanks.

www.wynsolutions.com
  • 05-15-2012 12:33 PM In reply to

Great. That way when you change screens in the future, the gadget keeps on tickin'.

By the way, what's your general sense for the new My Profile screen, and the gadget settings? Confusing, nicely laid out, too much animation, smooth, etc.? This will be the standard My Profile screen on the next version of Method in a few weeks, so you're getting a preview now. Should we do more of Method like that?

Paul

• 05-16-2012 2:25 PM In reply to

Hi Paul - I'm not sure I like the coloring on the left with white text when selected, and there are some formatting issues (at least on my screen).  For instance on the Email section, the fields appear below the left menu.  Otherwise the look seems good.  I'll also say that when accessing this profile screen from the Gmail gadget, its a little confusing...  At first, I didn't know what the password, notifications, and email sections were referring to.  I started thinking that the Gmail gadget may have a separate password, and that the Gmail gadget may be able to email reminders and SMS alerts.  Its only when you mentioned that this is the new My Profile screen that I realized that this was not a settings screen only for the Gmail gadget, it was the my Profile screen.

The new My Profile screen will work well from within Method, but I'd suggest hiding the left menu when clicking on settings from the Gmail gadget and only showing the options under the Gmail Gadget menu item on screen.  See what other feedback you get, but I think many users will be confused by that at first.

www.wynsolutions.com
  • 05-30-2012 9:51 PM In reply to

Ahhhh......I finally see what you see now.  I was testing the gadget on a brand new account and saw the lack of color and logos.

Once the gadget goes out of beta, this issue won't be there anymore, it will use your style and color scheme from your site and look pretty.  Right now it looks like crap on any account that hasn't been in our "labs"......that's why it always looked good for us.

If you use the "May version" of Method, and go to My Profile, that's how it will look when you access it via the gadget.

Paul

• 05-31-2012 7:22 AM In reply to

That looks really great and is quite an improvement!  Good job!  When accessing the page from the Gmail Gadget, I think I'd still hide the left menu and only show the Gmail Gadget settings though.

www.wynsolutions.com
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)