Method Community

Inserting line items in estimates and invoices

Last post 05-21-2015 9:05 AM by Method_Audisho. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2012 11:24 AM

Inserting line items in estimates and invoices

Good afternoon all,

We have a questions regarding estimates and invoices in Method. Is it possible to "insert" a line item? Sometimes when we are trying to create an estimate for a client they will ask for an additional product or service, and we need to add it in to a revised estimate. As it stands right now, we have to move everything down, or tack the item on at the end of the list, as opposed to adding it under a similar item. 

Thank you all for any feedback! 

• 01-06-2012 3:37 PM In reply to

Re: Inserting line items in estimates and invoices

Answer

Hi EricK3MS,

Currently it is a limitation within QuickBooks so it is not possible to do within Method.

Ronen

• 01-06-2012 4:01 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi EricK3MS,

It is actually a limitation within Method. I am going to put it in as a suggestion. 

Ronen

• 01-09-2012 7:06 AM In reply to

Answer

Hey thank you very much, we thought it may have been but just wanted to be sure. 

• 02-07-2013 11:02 AM In reply to

I would like this ability as well!

General Manager
    Todd Companies, Inc.
    www.toddcompanies.com
  • 02-09-2013 9:58 AM In reply to

Greetings,

I use to have this problem intell I did the following. Keep in mind you cant do this on the screen but only in the report

I have a landscape co, so some times customers want to see what it will cost for just the lawn or just the patio.  Go into your estimate table and create a field called Phase or what ever you want to call it. Then add that new fieled to the grid in the estimate screen. When a customer wants to add somthing to the lawn phase i just enter a 1 and that will group all the ones togehter in the report. When the estimate prints it will group all the 1's together then the 2's togehter with a sub total for each group and will have a grand total for all the groups at the end of the estimate.

If you know how to filter the grid, just enter a 1 in the field collum , refresh it and it will total up just the 1 group. I use numbers group for example, 1 = Lawn section 2 = Patio section.  

Instead of group you could also use that field and number it yourself meaning as you add a line item the first time number each one like 1, 3, 6 and space each nunber our so you could add another line item. Then when you print the estimate you can make it so it that new field will print in that order. 

Good luck

John M

• 02-11-2013 8:19 AM In reply to

That's a great suggestion.  Thanks John! Smile

Josh - This is on our radar, but I have no ETA on it.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-15-2013 12:37 PM In reply to

Melissa wrote in and asked if there was a resolution to this.

To Melissa and anyone else following this,

This is still on our radar as stated previously. This will likely be something we add for V2 of Method and not V1.  There are work arounds through customization to incorporate this, however they are quite complicated and beyond the scope of what we can provide through the forum.  If you wish, you can contact one of our In-house Consultants or aMethod SolutioProvider for assistance with this.

As more information becomes available, I'll post it here.

- Adam 

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 05-20-2015 3:40 PM In reply to

What is the status of adding this feature?

• 05-21-2015 9:05 AM In reply to

Hi mmcbride,

It’s actually possible to perform some very minor customization to your transaction screens to include this yourself. You just need to add the LineOrder field to the line items grid on these screens.

When adding new line(s), just give its LineOrder the value of where you want it to appear minus 1. For example, if you wanted it to appear as the first line, you would give the LineOrder a value of 0.

This only works when adding new lines and does not work for re-arrange existing lines. If you attempt this, you will receive a sync conflict stating that the lines are in the incorrect order.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)