Method Community

Problems setting up Payment Portals

Last post 04-14-2014 11:28 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2014 1:34 PM

Problems setting up Payment Portals

I've created a Paypal and 3 seperate Credit Card portals (via Auth.net) and have sent test Estimates to make sure the links work. When selecting an estimate to pay and hitting the "Pay Now "Button, there are no Payment Methods to select in the drop down. I've read other posts and it appears to me that it's set up properly but i've somehow missed something. 

Would apprecaite any help you can provide. 

• 04-14-2014 9:51 AM In reply to

Re: Problems setting up Payment Portals

To any Method Users following this post,

I actually had a conversation over the phone with Mike regarding this Payment Gateway issue he was having.  

There is a good reason why this wasn't working for Mike, long story short, your Contacts can only make payments on Invoices.  Even though your Contact is able to view other transactions like Esitmate and Sales Orders from the Contacts Portal, they can't actually make payments for them.  This is the reason why the Payment Gateway dropdown doesn't show any of the accounts already setup, if you select to pay for an invoice, the previously setup Payment Gateways will show in this dropdown list.

-Ben

• 04-14-2014 10:02 AM In reply to

• c.wolfe
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-14-2011
    • Ft Lauderdale, FL
    • Posts 14

Ben, 

Can the portal be customized so that the contact can pay on a sales receipt? For example, setting up a new screen to show when a contact logs into the portal.  They can fill in the fields on the screen and then choose to pay with a credit card or check.  If they wish to pay with a credit card, the payment window will pop open.  If they choose to pay with a check, a pdf with print screen will popup.  In theory anyway... Your thoughts?

• 04-14-2014 11:28 AM In reply to

Hi C.Wolfe,

Your suggestion may be possible, and it somewhat makes sense to me, however I am not sure this would work for Mike's current procedures.  The main issue here, is that these screens have been designed so you can only make payments on Invoices, the "Receive Payments" screen from within Method only accepts payments for invoices as well.  Technically it would be possible to remove this limitation by Customizing your payment screens from within Method, however I can't say for sure if this would cause any other problems down the line when syncing with your QuickBooks account.

Mike has been using the Method in-house Consulting Services, so I did speak with his Consulatant, and they believe this should be possible, however they still need to get this implemented before we can say for sure.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)