Method Community

Report Designer

Last post 05-05-2014 11:32 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-12-2014 11:47 AM

• guy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-22-2014
    • Posts 12

Report Designer

I have a fair under standing of the report designer and how it works. I recreated a exsiting workorder, it is based on activity, I have just about every thing I need in it. but how can I include customer equipment list in to the field list. I did notice in the activity customer there is a customer equipment that I add on my page but when I went into the program and printed a actual workorder it did not show any equipment where I draged the list to on the page. and how do you add page lines, or do you have to use lable strecht it out border it and copy and paste as many as you want. I want to have a (repairs  description) area on the printed workorder for the mechanics to right down what they found and repairs made.

Thanks

• 04-15-2014 12:20 PM In reply to

Re: Report Designer

Hi Guy,

Sorry for the delay in answering this post, I had to set this up in my own account to know for sure how this would be done.  I believe I have part of your solution, but I would like to confirm this is along the lines of what you are looking to do.

In my example, I took the stock WorkOrderV3 template and made a copy of it (just in case I mess anything up during my customization, I can always revert back to this original version).  

I first added an additional label to the GroupHeader1 section, to be my Column Header for “Customer Equipment”.  You will likely have to change some of the label properties, change the font color to white, as well changing the label so it gets “Send to Front”.

I then went to the Detail1 section, I resized my original fields to make room for my new field, then from the right-hand side, under Activity.JobItems.Activity, I found the field labelled “Customer Equipment” and dragged this into the correct slot for the Detail1 section.

This should be it, I saved my template, changed my settings in Method to point to this new saved template, then ran a test…Here is a small screenshot of my end result.  Please take a look at this and let me know if this is along the same lines as what you are attempting to do.  Also, you might want to double check this Help Center Article, it has a detailed explanation of what the Customer Equipment option in Method is all about.

-Ben

• 04-21-2014 5:12 PM In reply to

• guy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-22-2014
    • Posts 12

Hi Ben : I have been reading several post on tables, fields,screens and report designer.
    This is what I am trying to achive, when I open up a new work order on a customer and I enter the customer name select the one I want. Now I want to enter the unit number for the equipment the customer has. but when I chose equipment at the bottom it gives me a list of 50 customers that might have 10 different equipment. How can I chose the equipment from only the customer I have on my workorder. Then I want to print out the workorder to give my mechanic so he will have the information. I have attached a picture of how I would like the information to look. I did what you had said above but that is not what I am looking to do. On the workorder it came out below the description box. I have two different equipment boxs there.
    I am not sure if the workorder is showing up on here. still trying to figure out how to insert it.

Thanks
    workorder

• 04-30-2014 4:51 PM In reply to

Hi Guy,

I received your email today with the WorkOrder template of what you would like to do with the Customer Equipment.  I just wanted to quickly add it here, again just in case any other Method Users are following this, this should give a better idea of what you are attempting.  I will be working on this tomorrow to see how this can be setup.

-Ben

Note that I only took a screenshot of the part of the Work Order I believe you are mainly interested in:

• 05-05-2014 11:32 AM In reply to

Hi Guy,

I have been working on this since your first post, I have been trying to figure out a way for you to do what you are requesting, however I am having some difficulty.  At this point, my best suggestion, if it is imparrative you get this working, would be to discuss a solution with our consultants.  Based off what I have seen looking into this, there is likely quite a bit of customization that would have to be done to get it working how you want.  Off-hand I am not sure the relationships currently exist for what you are attempting to do.  

My only last piece of advice would is to see if you can do this from making your main table in the Report your "CustomerEquipment" table, and see if you can do what you want from this.

If you do decide to speak with one of our consulants, please click this link for more details.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)