Method Community

Sales Order Template selection

Last post 11-21-2013 10:56 AM by Method_Adam. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2010 6:13 PM

Sales Order Template selection

Ryan was working on this one, but thought I'd check for an update. I've customized the Sales Order screen to include the SO Template field, but when I try to pull down the values and select one of our SO formats, the pulldown works, then comes up empty. As a result, all of the Sales Orders created in Method are coming into QBooks with the default SO format (which isn't one we use, typically).

Ryan, any update on why that pulldown isn't looking up the list values correctly?

Lee

• 01-19-2010 11:06 AM In reply to

Re: Sales Order Template selection

Hey Lee,

I looked into this and have figured out the following. We cannot copy these templates into QB. It looks to be a SDK limitation, but you can use method to enter in all the correct information for these templates.

On the SO table you will find all the fields are used for the default templates(just not all are added to the SO screen by default). You can customize your SO screen to include any of the fields that are missing from the SO screen, but are located in the QB Templates.
    Taking it 1 step further, you could have a dropdown that would trigger fields to hide or show depending on the format selected. This would mimic the dropdown menu in QuickBooks.

If you enter in the data into Method after you add those fields, you can go into QB and switch the template to be able to view the new data.

A hint to get you in the right direction: The Line Item fields are located on the SalesOrderLine table. This already has a relationship with the SO table, so you just need to add some linked fields.

• 01-20-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

Ryan: Just to be clear -- we don't care about copying the actual/physical/logical SO layout itself into Method, or making the Method screen "look like" the custom Sales Order we're accustomed to using. There's no need to redesign or customize the SO screen to make it resemble, or have the same look-and-feel, of our custom Sales Order. That's not the point of this line of questioning.

All I am trying to do is select the Sales Order layout *designation* (e.g. the SO template name) and have it *stick* as the value of the SO Template field - which I have added to our version of the SO screen. I'm optimistic that when an SO created in Method gets updated in QBooks, QB would accept an appropriate value in that field, and use that value to determine how to store and display the SO in QB accordingly, after the next synch.

However, I don't know this, because even though I can add the SO Template field to my custom SO screen (and have done so, several weeks ago), I can't seem to get it to 'load up' with the values in that field.

That sounds to me like a functional issue with Method, not a limitation of the SDK or a feature of QuickBooks. It would be a different problem, I suppose, if the SO Template field loaded up the values available to it, and *then* didn't do anything with them, but that's not what is happening. At the most basic level, I have added a field to a custom screen, and it doesn't appear to be working - that is, it won't load values that I know are there.

One further point: you observe in the above: "If you enter in the data into Method after you add those fields, you can go into QB and switch the template to be able to view the new data." In this circumstance, it would be EXTREMELY INCONVENIENT if we had to manually find and open in QBooks every SO that was created in Method, simply to redesignate it as the proper type of SO (as determined by the SO template setting). That nearly obviates a key point of our having Method in the first place - which is to allow us to imput SO's remotely.

Lee

• 01-21-2010 8:56 AM In reply to

Hey Lee,

So our development team did some hard work yesterday and coded a fix for this. The field actually operates different then the other fields in this table, and our sync engine was not able to pull the data over. We have now updated the sync engine so it will be able to copy these values over to Method.

To get this update, you will need to call into your business consultant. They will install the updates manually, after the install and a sync, you will be able to use this field. If anyone else wants to use these fields, please contact your business consultant so we can update your engine. This update will be pushed out next time we update the sync engine.

• 01-22-2010 1:04 PM In reply to

Ryan - Thank the team for me. And I believe *you* are my business consultant, are you not?...

• 01-22-2010 4:22 PM In reply to

Hey Lee,

I am your consultant, but I did not hear from you. Please contact me when you have some time and we will do this installation. My post yesterday was a general post so all users know to contact their consultant to get this update. This update will be pushed out, so if you don’t need to have this right away, you can always wait till the next update on the sync engine.

• 11-21-2013 7:28 AM In reply to

• acldemac
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2010
    • UNITED KINGDOM
    • Posts 92

Re: Purchase Order Template selection

Hi there,

I am going through twhat seems to be a similar problem with the Putchase Order screen.

I get a conflict on the Resolve Conflicts Screen, with error: "The Custom Style associated with this txn not compatible with this txn."

Is it possible that the same would happen with the Purchase Order? Or is the sync engine dealing with PO in the same way as with the So (fixed).

Any comments will be welcome.

Thank you,

Antonio Macedo
    www.csconsult.co.uk

• 11-21-2013 10:56 AM In reply to

Re: Purchase Order Template selection

Hi Antonio,

I was able to recreate this error by selecting a template that wasn't related to a purchase order (eg. an invoice or estimate template).  Is it possible you selected a template that isn't for purchase orders?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)