Convert to Series
Solution No. 153
This action will convert a specified record to a Series. The record must be a OneTime for its RecurrenceType for the service to be converted. If RecurrenceInfo is not currently in the record you are converting to a series, a default Basis of Project with minimum information will be created.
So Where Would We Use It?
Imagine a prospect calls in requesting to schedule some „emergency maintenance?. You create a work order and rush out to complete the job. The client being very impressed has now requested the same work be scheduled on a monthly basis. Simply take the work order and convert it to a "series".
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Convert to Series from the Action dropdown list.
2. Select the table from the dropdown.
3. Select the Record ID from the dropdown.
The choices are:
- Type In - Sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – Sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – Sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field within the specified screen.
- Value From Row – sets the condition to a value from a specified row.
4. If you selected Type In for Step 3, enter the predefined value and proceed to Step 5; otherwise, specify a Value in the dropdown list below.
5. Enter Internal note (Optional).
6. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.