Set Active Record ID for Screen
Solution No. 121
Sets the screen's active record to the specified RecordID. A RecordID is a unique value that exists in all Tables.
So Where Would We Use It?
Often used with grids to display a particular record?s information on the fields of the screen. The action is often used with the "Select? link on grids.
1. Select Set Active Record ID for Screen from the Action dropdown list.
2. Select the condition to define the Active Record value.
The choices are:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field within the specified screen.
- Value From Session – sets the condition to a value that results from the current session information.
- Value From Row – sets the condition to a value from a specified row.
- Value From Calendar – grabs the record ID from a Calendar on screen.
3. If you selected Type In for Step 2, enter the predefined value and proceed to Step 4; otherwise, continue and specify a Value in the dropdown list.
4. Check or uncheck the use with Calendar option to set action for the series, rather than occurrence.
5. Enter Internal note (Optional).
6. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.