Show Screen Pop Up
Solution No. 126
Show Screen in Pop up opens the specified screen in a pop up window.
So Where Would We Use It?
You are entering items on an invoice and realized that you would like to add a new item to the list. In this case, you can click on "Add New? and it shows the Items screen in pop up, allowing you to add the item. Once completed, close out the window and continue entering your invoice.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Show Screen in Pop Up from the Action dropdown list.
2. Select the Screen you wish to open as a pop up.
3. Identify the relationship between the current screen and the new screen.
The choices are:
- Has no relationship – the screen you are opening has no relationship to the current screen.
- Has the same Active Record ID – the screen you are opening has the same Active Record ID as the current screen.
- Is a child screen of the current screen – the screen you are opening is the child screen (dependent) of the current screen.
- Has a specified Active Record ID – the screen you are opening has a specific Active Record ID.
4. If you selected Has a specified Active Record ID for Step 3, you must specify the record ID; otherwise, proceed to Step 6.
The choices are:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field or object from the screen.
5. If you selected Type In for Step 4, enter the predefined value and proceed to Step 6; otherwise, specify a Value from the dropdown list.
6. Enter Screen Caption (Optional).
7. Check or uncheck the use with Calendar option to set action for the series, rather than occurrence.
8. Enter Internal note (Optional).
9. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.