Call Web Service
Solution No. 162
You may call a web service within method. Just provide the URL (i.e. https://webservice.com/web/service.asmx) and the function name being called in the web service (i.e. MyFunctionCall), and if it returns a result, the action result will hold the information. Add any parameters to the web service call in the order in which they are sent to the web service.
So Where Would We Use It?
Useful when creating enhanced functionality for complex functions, such as additional programming via the Method API.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Call Web Service from the Action dropdown list.
2. Enter URL.
3. Enter Function Name.
4. Check the “Web Service returns a response?” box, only if you wish to have the web service return a processed result to Method; otherwise, leave unchecked.
5. Enter Action Result name.
6. Click Insert Parameters.
7. Select Number of Parameters to Pass from the dropdown.
8. Enter Parameter Name.
9. Select Parameter Value from the dropdown.
The choices are:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field within the specified screen.
- Value From Session – sets the condition to a value that results from the current session information.
10. If you selected Type In for Step 9, enter the predefined value and proceed to Step 11; otherwise, specify Value in the field to the right.
11. Repeat Steps 8 – 10 for each parameter you wish to pass.
12. Enter Internal note (Optional).
13. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.