Enter Value into Field on Screen
Solution No. 110
This action enters the specified value into the specified field on the screen. Note: only fields currently placed on the screen are available to be used in this action.
So Where Would We Use It?
Think about entering a new customer in Method. In this case, the shipping address is the same as the billing address. Rather than re-entering the same information, you can click a Copy button which copies and enters this information in each appropriate field for shipping, saving you time and effort along the way.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Enter Value into Field on Screen from the Action dropdown list.
2. Choose the Field or Object where the new value will be entered. Note only the fields and objects currently placed on the screen are available.
3. Select the condition to define the new value from the dropdown list.
The choices are:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field within the specified screen.
- Value From Session – sets the condition to a value that results from the current session information.
- Value From Row – Sets the value based off the current record (must be used within a loop).
4. If you selected Type In for Step 3, enter the predefined value and proceed to Step 5; otherwise specify a Value from the dropdown list.
5. Enter Internal note (Optional).
6. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.