Get Selection Info
Solution No. 156
This action gets information from the area currently selected on the calendar. This is useful if you want to create a new appointment based on the date, time and resource currently selected in the calendar.
So Where Would We Use It?
This allows a user to highlight a specific time interval in a calendar and create a new appointment, pre-populate the date, time and resource fields, based on what the user highlights.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Get Selection Info from the Action dropdown list.
2. Select Calendar from the dropdown list.
3. Select source from the dropdown list.
The choices are:
- Date – displays all records with a specified date.
- Resource – displays all records for a specified resource.
- Start Date and Time – displays all records with a specified start date and time.
- End Date and Time – displays all records with a specified end date and time.
4. Enter Action Result name.
5. Enter Internal note (Optional).
6. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.