Get value from shared result
Solution No. 140
This action retrieves a Shared Result variable, and assigns it to a local Action Result. A Shared Result is different from an Action Result in that an Action Result is only to be used in a list of actions for one object, such as when a button is clicked. On the other hand, a Shared Result can be retrieved anywhere else in Method. Note: "Get value from shared result" should be used in conjunction with “Assign value to shared result”.
So where would we use it?
You just created a New Lead, and you would like to enter an activity for this Lead. To do so, use the "Assign value to shared result" action after you have created the New Lead. Then on the New Activity screen, you can use the action "Get value from shared result" to populate the customer name for your new activity.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Get Value from Shared Result from the Action dropdown list.
2. Enter Get From: Shared Result Name.
3. Enter Assign To: Action Result Name.
4. Enter Internal note (Optional).
5. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.