Go To Screen
Solution No. 112
Go To Screen navigates the user to the specified screen. The screen replaces the current screen in the same window, so this is most useful for building multi-step Wizards.
So Where Would We Use It?
Commonly used on Go To… links throughout Method, the Go To Screen action navigates you away from one screen to another screen.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Go To Screen from the Action dropdown list.
2. Select the Screen from the dropdown list to specify which screen the action will navigate to.
3. Select the condition for The screen from the dropdown list.
The choices are:
- Has no relationship – the screen you are going to has no relationship to your current screen.
- Has the same Active Record ID – the screen you going to has the same Active Record ID as your current screen.
- Is a child screen of the current screen – the screen you are going to is a child screen (dependent) your current screen.
- Has a specified Active Record ID – the screen you are going to has a specified Active Record ID.
4. If you selected “Has a specified Active Record ID” for Step 3, you must specify the Record ID; otherwise, proceed to Step 6.
The choices are:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field within the specified screen.
5. If you selected Type In for Step 4, enter the predefined value and proceed to Step 6; otherwise, specify a value from the dropdown list.
6. Enter Internal note (Optional).7. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.