Insert Records into Table
Solution No. 129
Create new records in the specified table. You can enter values into as many of the fields in the table that you desire with this one action. Take note of the required fields listed that must be inserted into the table.
So Where Would We Use It?
You want to make sure you apply a payment to the right customer invoice which is currently outstanding. On the invoice screen, a simple click of a button will pay the selected invoice while behind the scenes this action will add a new record in the received payments table.
To set the properties for this action, follow these steps:
1. Select Insert Records into Table from the Action dropdown list.
2. Select the table the record will be inserted to.Take note of the required fields listed (varies with table selection).
3. Select the field from the Insert into Field dropdown list.
4. Specify the value from in the Value to be inserted dropdown list.
The choices are:
- Type In – sets the condition to a value that the user types in manually.
- Action Result – sets the condition to a user-defined action result.
- Value From Screen – sets the condition to a value pulled from a specific field or object from the screen.
- Value From Session – sets the condition to a value that results from the current session information.
- Value from Row – sets the condition to a value from a specified row.
- Value from Calendar – sets the condition to a value that is pulled from a value in a Calendar.
5. If you selected Type In for Step 4, enter the predefined value and proceed to Step 6; otherwise, specify a value from the dropdown list.
6. Enter Action Result (for Record ID); a name for the action result (Optional).
7. Click Add and repeat steps 2-5 if necessary.
8. Enter Internal note (Optional).
9. Click Save & Close to save changes and close the action properties window; otherwise, click Cancel to close the window without saving.