Sign in using your Google Apps
Solution No. 188
Why should I use my Google Apps to sign into Method?
Convenience. If you are a Google Apps user, you likely have your Gmail, Google Docs or Google Calendar open all the time. Being already signed into Google Apps means you can be automatically signed into Method. One less user name and password to remember and type in every time! Also, if you have multiple Method
accounts, you can use the same Google Apps login to access all of them.
Does it work with regular Gmail, or only business Google Apps accounts?
We only integrate with a paid Google Apps business account. Google does not provide the free Gmail accounts with the same features as the paid Google Apps account.
How do I sign into Method with my Google Apps?
- Go to https://www.methodintegration.com/signin.
- Click Google Apps.
- You may get redirected at this point and asked to sign in, if you are not already signed into Google Apps. If you are already signed in, this step will get skipped.
- You may get redirected to an authorization page. If you are the administrator of your Google Apps account, you'll need to grant Method CRM access. Typically this must be done by a Google Apps administrator. If the administrator has already granted access, all accounts under that domain will find that the authorization step is skipped.
- On Method's site, you'll be
asked for your Method Company Account, User Name and Password.
- If you successfully entered the correct credentials, your Google Apps account will be matched to this Method Company Account from this point
- Click the Sign In link next to your account.
Now that the setup is done, each subsequent sign in is very fast. Try
going back to https://www.methodintegration.com/signin and clicking Google Apps again. This time you are
automatically signed into Method.
How do I associate more than one Method Company Account to my Google Apps account?
You can associate unlimited Method Company Accounts to your Google Apps account. That way when you sign
in using your Google Apps account, you don't have to remember the credentials of each
- Sign into Method using Google Apps.
- After you sign in, click on your User Name in the top-right corner.
- Click Manage OpenID. Note, you won't see this option if you sign in without using your Intuit Account.
- Click Add Additional Login...
- Enter the Method Company Account, User Name and Password
of the account you want to add.
- Click Add Company Account.
- Either add more company accounts, or click the Sign In link next to the account you
want to sign into.
Is it secure?
When you sign in with your Google Apps account, you are entering your Google password on Google's servers. Google never shares your Google password with Method, and Method never
shares your Method password with Google. You should know, however, that the authorization process delivers an Oauth token that Method can use to integrate with your Gmail, Google Calendar, Contacts and Google Docs.