Sign in using your Intuit Account
Solution No. 180
Why should I use my Intuit Account to sign into Method?
Convenience. It's one less password that you have to remember - and since your user name is your email address, it’s a lot easier to remember one password than your Method Company Account, User Name and Password. Plus, if you have multiple Method accounts, the same Intuit Account can be used to log into all of them.
How to create an Intuit Account
Great news, chances are that you already have an Intuit account. If you use QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks.com, QuickBooks Payroll, QuickBooks Merchant Services, etc., or any other Intuit service, you have an Intuit Account!
If you don't have an Intuit Account, go to https://workplace.intuit.com/Account, click the Create tab, fill out the small form, and click Create Account.
How to sign into Method with your Intuit Account
- Go to https://www.methodintegration.com/signin.
- Click Sign in with Intuit.
- You'll be redirected to intuit.com.
- Enter your email and password.
- Click Sign In.
- When you get redirected back to Method's site, you'll be asked for your Method Company Account, User Name and Password.
- If you successfully entered the correct credentials, your Intuit Account will be matched to this Method Company Account from this point forward.
- Click the Sign In link next to your account.
Wow....that was a lot of clicks....how is that more convenient? Don't worry, that was just the setup. Try going back to https://www.methodintegration.com/signin and clicking Sign in with Intuit again. This time you are automatically signed into Method.
How to associate more than one Method Company Account to your Intuit Account
You can associate unlimited Method Company Accounts to your Intuit Account. That way when you sign in with your Intuit Account, you don't have to remember the credentials of each account.
- Sign into Method using your Intuit Account.
- After you sign in, click on your User Name in the top-right corner.
- Click Manage OpenID. Note, you won't see this option if you sign in without using your Intuit Account.
- Click Add Additional Login...
- Enter the Method Company Account, User Name and Password of the account you want to add.
- Click Add Company Account.
- Either add more company accounts, or click the Sign In link next to the account you want to sign into.
Is it secure?
When you sign in with your Intuit Account, you are entering your Intuit password on Intuit's servers. Intuit never shares your Intuit password with Method, and Method never shares your Method password with Intuit.
Geeky nuts and bolts - how does it work?
- When you click Sign in with Intuit, Method redirects you to Intuit's server.
- If you are already signed into an Intuit service with your Intuit Account, Intuit will immediately redirect you back to Method.
- If you are not already signed into an Intuit service, you'll need to sign into your Intuit Account first before being redirected back to Method.
- Intuit delivers a unique ID, called an "identifier", along with your email address back to Method. It does NOT deliver your Intuit Account password.
- Method then checks to see if a Method OpenID already exists for that unique "identifier".
- If no matching Method OpenID exists, it creates one for you.
- If a matching Method OpenID exists and you have only one Method Company Account associated with this Intuit Account, it will immediately sign you into that account.
- If a matching Method OpenID exists and you have more that one Method Company Account associated, it will prompt you to pick the account you are signed into.
- If you are signing in via QuickBooks Online, an extra check will be made to see if a Method Company Account exists for your QuickBooks Online account. If a match is found, it will sign you into that Method Company Account regardless of whether you have associated multiple Company Accounts. However, if no match is found, you'll be taken to the sign up process to create a new Method Company Account.