Method Community

trying to build an easy report

Last post 08-04-2010 10:54 AM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2010 2:54 PM

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

trying to build an easy report

I am trying to build a report but everytime I try to log into the report designer I get  the error Failed to open a list of views Reason given was that the connectionstring property has not been initalized.

Can you please help me get thru this so that I can work on writing a basic report!

• 08-03-2010 3:57 PM In reply to

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

Re: trying to build an easy report

I tried to open it again and now it has invalid object name spider security .

• 08-03-2010 6:26 PM In reply to

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

ok i madde it past the opening and now I have another question. I am following the webinar how to build an easy report to create a report I am having issue with the date set area my area is blank there is no information under the field area data set.

• 08-03-2010 7:13 PM In reply to

• Naomi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2010
    • Posts 13

Well I got that to work my new question is I dont see an area to pull Lead information. Can you lead me to the where I can go to find my lead activities.

• 08-04-2010 10:06 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Naomi,

Which table you selected as your Master Table?

As a suggestion, you may want to try making the Opportunity table your Master table and Activity.OpportunityRef as your Detail Table 1. This way you would be able to pull Lead (opportunity) information and related activity info. Please view the webinars on the Report Designer since there may be a couple of webinars that cover this topic. Hope this helps.

• 08-04-2010 10:54 AM In reply to

Hi Naomi,

After reading over your post, I realized that you could be referring to Leads for Customers with 'Is Lead Status Only' checked under Additional Info tab section, in the Customer List. If this is the case then your Master table should be Customers and your Detail Table 1 should be Activity.EntityRef.

You would also need to filter the report when adding your 'Generate Report' action to show only Customers where 'IsLeadStatusOnly' equals yes.

Review webinar 8: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/pages/Method-Community-Webinars.aspx. It shows you how to pull activities for all customers, so you would only need to add the filter to the 'Generate Report' action to see Customers with 'Is Lead Status Only' checked.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)