Method Community

Not Seeing "Follow-Up Comments" Field When Scheduling a Follow-Up

Last post 07-10-2012 2:36 PM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2012 1:01 PM

Not Seeing "Follow-Up Comments" Field When Scheduling a Follow-Up

When I schedule a follow-up to an activity, I'm not seeing the field to enter follow-up comments. This is also true when Adding an Activity from Outlook - no field for follow-up comments. Any ideas what the problem could be?

• 07-04-2012 2:30 PM In reply to

Re: Not Seeing "Follow-Up Comments" Field When Scheduling a Follow-Up

Answer

d.weigle:
    Any ideas what the problem could be?

There are no follow-up comments by default in Method so this is something you would have to add through customization.  Follow-up's are essentially a reminder for an activity so the comments should go in the activity itself on the date when you follow-up.  May I ask why you would need follow-up comments separate from activity comments?  You would have to modify a few screens and add fields to the activity table to make this happen.  

If you need any help with this task please don't hesiate to contact us for consulting or post up to the forums here for free advice.

~C

• 07-04-2012 5:30 PM In reply to

I’m confused. I watched the webinar on the Outlook plug-in, and it’s very clear that there is a field for follow-up comments. In fact, in the webinar, it is specifically stated and shown that you cannot select “Follow-up” and then not fill in the follow-up comments. Did this change in a later version after the demo?

• 07-05-2012 8:39 AM In reply to

Answer

d.weigle:
    I’m confused. I watched the webinar on the Outlook plug-in, and it’s very clear that there is a field for follow-up comments.

I just reviewed the webinar and you're correct, there was a field for follow-up comments but this has removed in later versions of the plug-in and Method.  Sorry for the confusion with the webinar.

~C

• 07-05-2012 6:00 PM In reply to

This was a pretty useful field - especially if you're assigning the followup to someone else. Maybe you'll decide to put it back, but not require it to be filled in?

• 07-10-2012 2:36 PM In reply to

d.weigle:

This was a pretty useful field - especially if you're assigning the followup to someone else. Maybe you'll decide to put it back, but not require it to be filled in?

Diane,

There is a very specific reason why this was removed.  In the past, if the only thing you were able to see was the follow-up comment, not the comments from the last activity and there was no such thing as "related follow-up". 

With the new CRM, follow-up activities are related to one-another.  As a result, when you open a follow-up activity, you are able to see all the comments from your previous activity.  This means when you document and create a follow-up, you'll want to ensure that your last few sentences in the comments detail what action should be taken in the follow-up.

In the old days, all you would have are the follow-up comments which really wasn't much help unless you copied and pasted what you talked about in the last follow-up.  This way you have all the information you need at your finger tips.

So…..be sure to place your follow-up comments at the bottom of your activity comments and you'll be good to go.  

P.S. We won't be adding this back as it caused more confusion and feedback suggested it was less effective.  

HTH

Danny

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)