Method Community

Error trying to send e-mails using Listbuilder

Last post 10-20-2010 10:45 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2010 11:22 AM

Error trying to send e-mails using Listbuilder

My account e-mail settings are set as follows:

• server address = smtp.gmail.com
    • user name = glschalliol@gmail.com
    • password = (my gmail account password)
    • SSL = No

Then I do the following:

• I populate the Current List in Listbuilder with all of my customers
    • I apply a column filiter in the Current List so that only 5 customers are shown
    • I navigate to Process List, select an e-mail template, enter From Name and From E-mail, then click on Process All
    • I get the following error message:

"Error^Action Sequence:20. Error with sending recipients;Server says: 553-5.1.2 We weren't able to find the recipient domain. Please check for any 553-5.1.2 spelling errors, and make sure you didn't enter any spaces, periods, 553 5.1.2 or other punctuation after the recipient's email address. h28sm2339719vcr.43 ;"

I have checked the e-mail addresses in all five customers, and they all successfully receive e-mails sent to them via my gmail account directly. 

Could someone verify that this is a defect or inform me of what I am doing wrong?

• 10-18-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

Re: Error trying to send e-mails using Listbuilder

Answer

Hi Gregory,

We tried testing this out on our end by using a gmail account setting and was unable to replicate the error you received. It worked fine for us. Based on the error message it appears as though it has something to do with the 5 customers you sent emails to. To narrow it down, you can try sending an email one at a time to each customers via Customer List > Activities and see if that message comes up.

• 10-19-2010 12:22 PM In reply to

Hi Amanda,

I successfully sent e-mails via Customer List for all five customers separately, so all of the e-mail addresses are fine in that respect.  But I still get the same error when I try to send it to all five at once from List Builder.   So I need another suggestion.

• 10-20-2010 10:45 AM In reply to

Hi Gregory,

You can check with your Customers if it's fine for me to send them emails while I test it out on my end. If they are fine with it, you can email me their email addresses so I can test it out further on my account.

Otherwise, we can book paid consulting time to investigate this further. The reason being, I'm unable to replicate the issue on my end so it's specific to your account. If the issue is found to be an error or fault of Method, we will provide a full refund on any consulting specific to this issue.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)