Method Community

What is grouping?

Last post 01-10-2011 4:18 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2011 12:30 AM

What is grouping?

In the Field Service Center / My Calendar tab - in the box where Assigned to users are listed (Lower left), there is a column next to "Assigned Users" called "Grouping."  What is that for?

I am trying to find a way to assign more than one employee (Assigned User) to a work order. 

In any given day, I may have techs working independently or as a crew.  I'm trying to find a way to do this.  I have to believe someone else out there is doing the same thing.

Help!!!

Laurie

• 01-10-2011 4:18 PM In reply to

Re: What is grouping?

Answer

Hi Laurie,

The "grouping" filter found under Field Services Center -> My Calendar -> Filter Calendar simply filters the list of groups that you have the ability to set up when creating/modifying existing users. This feature allows you to associate users to groups and categories such as departments, however it does not associate a work order to that group.

One thing I did want to mention is that this pertains exclusively to Method Field Services Application, not Q-Xpress - it is now a separate product. Although Method Field Services allows you to enter job cost information, and assign individual jobs to different users, it does not support the ability to assign multiple users to a single work order. It really also depends on what your end goal is as assigning a single work order to multiple users introduces a wide variety of use cases (what happens if one of the users deletes or edits a work order, just as one example).

Regards,
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)