Method Community

Multiple units of measure

Last post 06-03-2009 2:03 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2009 8:48 AM

• Phil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-02-2009
    • Posts 3

Multiple units of measure

Issue: need to display multiple units of measure on each sales order/invoice line.  So, instead of choosing either 1 case or 5 each, I need both quantities and units of measure to show up.  Is this possible?  If so, can you point me at how?

• 06-02-2009 1:07 PM In reply to

Re: Multiple units of measure

Hey Phil

I need a bit more information on this one. Are you currently able to do this in Quick Books? If so how? I’m trying to duplicate this on our end and one thought that crossed my mind was having an additional item in your QB Item list.

Example : The first item would be for 10 pcs of shrimp sold by the box. The 2nd item would be shrimp sold by the lbs. When you create the Sales Order / Invoice you would be invoicing a different item depending on what was sold.

Please let me know if I miss-understood.

Ryan

• 06-02-2009 2:30 PM In reply to

• Phil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-02-2009
    • Posts 3

Ryan,

I will try and put in a scan of the lines portion of their current invoice in MAS 90 - they have each item in case quantity and in lbs, with the unit price in lbs.

Philmulitple UOM invoice

• 06-03-2009 2:03 PM In reply to

Hey Phil,

So I have looked over the attachment. Yes, you can do this in Method by simply adding a linked field to the InvoiceLine table. This will make the field available to add to the grid and display the items weight.

For example: If it’s an inventory item, you can pull this information from the table “ItemInventory”

Hope this gets you heading in the right direction.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)