Method Community

Change from Customer to Lead

Last post 07-10-2012 10:05 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2012 7:17 PM

• ADR
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2012
    • Posts 3

Change from Customer to Lead

When adding in Clients for Opportunities we used  "New Customer" instead of "New Lead" and I need to get the 60 entries changed to new leads without having to delete them all and start over.

In the Mobile Section there is a toggle "Is Lead Status Only" but it does not work

Any idea how this can be done

Mark

Appleton Deck Renewal, LLC
    2700 W College Ave Appleton WI 54914
  • 07-10-2012 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: Change from Customer to Lead

Answer

ADR:
    When adding in Clients for Opportunities we used  "New Customer" instead of "New Lead" and I need to get the 60 entries changed to new leads without having to delete them all and start over.

The problem here is those customers are now in your QuickBooks file so without deleting them you're stuck with them as customers in your QB file.  Your best bet is to delete the customers from QB so they are deleted in Method then enter the records again as lead.  To quicken this process you could export your customer table now and adjust the records before importing them into the Customer Lead table after you perform the delete.

ADR:
    In the Mobile Section there is a toggle "Is Lead Status Only" but it does not work

This toggle will not bring a customer over to a lead.  I see this button on my mobile pages but I can tell you it should be greyed out on active customer records.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)