Method Community

Mapping Addresses from Customer List/Lead List

Last post 08-27-2012 8:44 AM by MikeB. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2012 9:59 AM

Mapping Addresses from Customer List/Lead List

OK, I've added a "Map" button that opens up the mapping screen in a new window using the "Plot Addresses" option. However, if I do that, I have to then toggle back to the Customer List, export some records to Excel and then paste in the postal codes. Then I can get a plot of customers.

However, I would like to just plot the filtered rows from the grid by just pressing the button, instead of exporting/copying/pasting. The"Plot Addresses"a action has List of Addresses/Coordinates as "Value From Screen" and Contacts: Bill Address Postal Code. But they don't show up in the map pop-up window.

Is there a way to get records in a grid to show up on the map at the press of a button?

Oh, and I fixed the check-box at the bottom of the grid (only export selected records is now unchecked).

Thanks

• 08-25-2012 10:01 AM In reply to

Re: Mapping Addresses from Customer List/Lead List

Mike - install Method Field Services (if you are on QB Desktop) or Method Scheduling & Invoicing (if you are on QB Online). Do this under Customize > My Account. 

It has mapping built into the calendar. You can make a copy of the screen and reverse engineer what the mapping is doing.

Paul

• 08-27-2012 8:44 AM In reply to

Re: Mapping Addresses from Customer List/Lead List

Answer

I installed it - thanks. There are a fair amount of actions associated with the feature - it'll take me a while to figure out what they're all doing...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)