Method Community

Make smartvault default?

Last post 12-10-2012 10:11 AM by Method_Adam. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2012 4:02 PM

Make smartvault default?

I have setup smartvault and when uploading documents I have to choose between uploading to method to smartvault.  Is there a way to make smartvault defualt and then hide ability to for a user to choose uploading into method?  I want docs to go onto smartvault  only with no action from users.

• 12-07-2012 4:48 PM In reply to

Re: Make smartvault default?

Hi Shane,

There is currently no way to default to SmartVault, and hide the other options.  I'll put in a feature request with the team.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-07-2012 5:05 PM In reply to

Thanks

If have alot of users that becomes very important.  As you can tell people to upload to smartvault only but it will not always happen and could create cap limits to kick in in method.

• 12-07-2012 5:09 PM In reply to

One other question that regard.  When using google gadget and a document has an attachment.  Is there a way to make sure that doc goes to smartvault via the gadget?   Right now it looks like just will go via an activity into method which again could cause a storage problem and defeats purpose of having samrtvault.  

• 12-10-2012 10:11 AM In reply to

Answer

Shane, 

If the last uploaded place was SmartVault, the document will be uploaded to SmartVault via the gadget.  If the last place was Method, the gadget will upload to Method.  I'll update this thread when the feature is added.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)