Method Community

Merge Fields in templates

Last post 01-15-2013 2:47 PM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2013 10:18 AM

Merge Fields in templates

This question came via Email from JoAnne:

How do you run a character function action when setting up templates?  We would like to be able to send one email to multilpe contacts after each tradeshow but can't figure out how to merge the information.  Thank you! 

JoAnne,

To use merge fields in a email template, you can find that information by going to Home > Email templates.  There's a link called "What are "merge" fields, and how do I use them?".  If you click that it will outline what needs to be done to use merge fields in the template.  Specifically, you'll need to know the table name and field name of the information you'll want to use.

The next step is to use the "Replace <<merge>> fields" command.  This is found in the Character Function action.  You'll need to use this command before the send email action to replace the merge field with a value from the table.  Further information on "Replace <<merge>> fields" command can be found on our Help Centre: Replace <<merge>> fields

This is an example screen shot as to how you can set that command up:

Hope this helps.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 01-15-2013 2:08 PM In reply to

• JoAnne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-14-2013
    • Posts 3

Re: Merge Fields in templates

Thank you for responding and diresting me to forums.  I can not find the screen "Action" so I can't set the merge fields command up.

Thanks, JoAnne

• 01-15-2013 2:47 PM In reply to

Re: Merge Fields in templates

Hi JoAnne,

First off welcome to the forums.  

There is no screen called "Action".  You will need to set this up on the screen you wish to send the email.  

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)