Method Community

sync conflict error

Last post 10-15-2009 12:59 PM by pholcer. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2009 12:50 PM

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

sync conflict error

We received the following error on a sync that is showing up under the resolve conflicts.

"QuickBooks returned an error when adding/modifying a accEstimate record. The error was: There was an error when converting the price "193.60001" in the field "item line Rate". QuickBooks error message: You cannot set the unit price for items of this type."

The particular line item it is referencing is a Subtotal item that automatically subtotals the invoice after a discount is applied.

Hoping someone can give me some guidance on clearing this conflict up.

Thanks for your help with this!!

Phillip Holcer

help@myanchorsolutions.com
    www.myanchorsolutions.com
    Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    PO Box 266 Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 10-01-2009 1:46 PM In reply to

Re: sync conflict error

Hi Phillip,

Can you please outline the steps you took that led to this conflict? Also what type of item is it, example service, inventory?
    I opened an estimate and manually changed the cost to 197.600001 and then hit update and save and it automatically changed it to 2 decimals. Same for Markup rate, so I'm not sure how you got that conflict.  I'll wait to hear from you so I can do further testing.

• 10-02-2009 10:18 PM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

My client entered the estimate items with their quantities. QB has cost in item list so that was pulled up.

After he got all the line items in, he chose another item called subtotal. This line item subtotals the estimate and puts that amount in the cost column.

Also, this estimate was generated in QB and looks like it's been viewed and then re-saved in Method. So when it tries to sync back up, we get the conflict.

I'll look up the type of item it is and add that in another reply over the weekend.

Thanks!!

Phillip Holcer

Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 10-05-2009 4:59 PM In reply to

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for that additional bit of information, I was able to replicate your scenario.  I'm looking into this and will keep you posted.

• 10-06-2009 4:01 PM In reply to

Hi Phillip,

You can try testing this out now and it should work smoothly.  Let me know if items still appear in the Resolve Conflict area. 

• 10-07-2009 2:29 PM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

Do you have any recommendations on the existing conflicts? I need to know what will happen to the existing QB estimates if I hit delete in Method.

I don't want those to be deleted but I need to clear the conflicts in Method. Can you give me some guidance on that? Thank you for your help!!

Phillip Holcer

Anchor Tax Plus LLC
    (435) 553-4TAX

• 10-08-2009 10:34 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Phillip,

Try clicking on un-delete in the resolve conflict area and that should clear the conflicts without deleting them.

• 10-15-2009 12:59 PM In reply to

• pholcer
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-08-2009
    • Northern Utah
    • Posts 139

That took care of it. Thanks!!

Phillip Holcer

Anchor Tax Plus LLC