Method Community

Grid Hide/Show

Last post 12-06-2013 12:36 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2013 5:07 AM

Grid Hide/Show

Hello!
    I need to show/hide a entire grid (without placing it on a section) or show/hide a Field of the grid, when an action take place.

Thank you very much.

• 12-06-2013 8:34 AM In reply to

Re: Grid Hide/Show

Hi Francisco. I'm a little bit confused -- what do you mean by show/hiding an entire grid without placing it on a section?

In general, the way that you would accomplish something like this is the action "Show/Hide Field/Object" which is find under the actions subcategory *SCREENS*. You can use that to hide individual fields of a grid. If you want to hide an entire grid, the easiest way to do that would be to either:

a) hide all the fields of the grid, or

b) place the grid in a section by itself and hide the section

Let me know if that helps.

Naeem

• 12-06-2013 11:32 AM In reply to

• acldemac
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2010
    • UNITED KINGDOM
    • Posts 92

Hi Naeem, good afternoon.

Tried what you suggest above, using "Show/Hide Field/Object" to act on columns of a grid. Unless I am missing something , te action is not acting properly on grid fields.

I did create a simple screen, with one grid showing two fields/columns. Then add a checkbox and conditional statements for when checkbox =1 then hides both columns and when checkbox =0 then show both columns.

It is just not working...

WCould you please double check on your end, if this action is working properly on grid fields/columns.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I am starting to loose my hair on this one. [:'(]

Antonio Macedo
    www.csconsult.co.uk

• 12-06-2013 12:36 PM In reply to

Hi Antonio,

Apologies for the headache! It does appear that our hide grid field action doesn't work -- I'll put in a ticket with our developers to fix this. In the mean time, the best option would be to add grids to different sections and then hide/show them depending on what you need. So if you want some people to the grid with 3 columns, and others to see the grid with 2 columns, create both of them and put them in seperate sections, then show/hide them depending on which you want the user to see.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Naeem

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)