Method Community

Report Fields Not Printing, Report Design Data Binding

Last post 01-22-2014 10:18 PM by Method_Adam. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2014 3:38 PM

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Report Fields Not Printing, Report Design Data Binding

Help.  I have some reports where some fields have stopped printing.  For example I have some custom detail fields on our Estimates from the Estimate Line that used to print but starting a few months back quit showing up on the reports.

I remember there was a problem at one time with the Text field of the properties of the Label in Report Designer getting out of synch with the Data Binding field.  For example the Data Binding might something like dataSet1 - Estimate.EstimateLine....  and the Text field would be [EstimateLine.Estimate.Desc].  There are several places where the object location of the data is shown in the report designer, like hover tips, etc. and sometimes I will see object locations like [EstimateLine.Estimate.EstimateLine.Desc] with 2 "EstimateLine" and other times with only one.

In the past I might just refresh the object pointers by selecting the field again in the Data Binding Drop down or manually editing the Text field to add/remove the bad stuff, but now I can't remember what I did or find the original forum posting with answer.

I've tried re-selecting fields in the Data Set drop down, but I have only succeeded in "breaking" other fields and not getting the non printing fields to show up properly.

How do I make sure I am getting the right Data Set and Text field contents?

James

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 01-22-2014 3:46 PM In reply to

• jnoneiliv1
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-17-2010
    • Richmond, Virginia, USA
    • Posts 171

Re: Report Fields Not Printing, Report Design Data Binding

Update.  I was able to fix this problem by deleting the controls from the layout and then re-adding them.  Somehow the data binding got buggered, not sure how but they work now.

Cheers,

James

James ONeil
    O. K. Foundry Co., Inc.
    1005 Commerce Rd.
    Richmond, Virginia 23224
  • 01-22-2014 10:18 PM In reply to

Re: Report Fields Not Printing, Report Design Data Binding

Hi James,

Glad to hear you got this sorted out.  :)

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)