Method Community

Update Item Field

Last post 02-08-2014 2:04 PM by fran. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2014 4:22 AM

Update Item Field

Hi! I created a field in the Item table called "Remaining Occupancy" I need to calculate its data. Counting the the Sales Order Lines with this Item.

The actions that I do is:

LOOP through the GRID (Item's table grid)

Retrieve value from table sales order line where the item_recordID = Value from Grid (RecordID) and if multiple results Retrieve Count and save it in an action result

and Update the Item Table with this action result.

The error that's I'm getting is "The Item could not be send to QuickBooks, the name is already in use. Please edit the name so that is it unique and save again."

• 02-07-2014 9:16 AM In reply to

Re: Update Item Field

Hi Francisco,

Couple question:

1) When exactly do you get the error? Is it after you try and add an item?

2) Are you sure you haven't set the "Remaining Occupancy" field to "Unique"?

Naeem

• 02-08-2014 2:04 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-07-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Re: Update Item Field

Hi Francisco,

Like the idea of what you are doing... Here are some thoughts:

How is "remaining occupancy" setup.?  As a Item field in Method only or as an Item CustomField in QB? 

I assume that the Item would be something like "SuiteStays" with  "remaining occupancy" as a field to that record. 

So the Update field in table would be:   Update "Item" table --Field - " Remaining Occupancy" where record id (Item) = Value from Row (ItemName) with Action Result

IF "remaining occupancy" is the item iteself.. What field are you placing the Action Result in?    

Hope that helps...

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)