Method Community

Tracking referrals

Last post 03-28-2014 8:39 AM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-25-2014 6:26 PM

• DanaBinPA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-25-2014
    • North Wales, PA
    • Posts 2

Tracking referrals

What is the best way to track customers that refer other customers? Is there a way to tie it back to the referring ustomer record?

For example say existing Customer - Heather Jones refers Potential Customer - John Davis...

Lead source would be "External Referral" but to take it a step further I'd like to ID/link the existing contact that provided the referral, in this case Heather Jones. Can a "Referral From" field be added to leads that links to the existing contact?

Dana Baedke
    Key Marketing Communications, LLC
    office. 267.263.2513
    dana@keymarketing.biz
    www.keymarketing.biz

Home of LikeIt! Promotions
    www.likeitpromos.com
  • 03-28-2014 8:39 AM In reply to

Re: Tracking referrals

Hi DanaBinPA,

I think the best way would be to add the Contacts table to the Customer table as a dropdown. The dropdown would be based on the recordID of the Contacts table.

Then add a linked field of the Name field from the Contacts table to the Customer table.

This will then make these field available in the EditLead screen. Just edit this screen and add the dropdown field you created to the screen. I'd suggest going through our Customization Webinars to get a handle on handle on this and customization in general.  If you have any questions, just reply back to this post and I'll be happy to answer them.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)