Method Community

Need to hide inactive estimates from contacts portal.

Last post 05-01-2014 3:17 PM by wildliferemoval. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-22-2014 7:31 PM

Need to hide inactive estimates from contacts portal.

In the estimate screen, there is a check box for "Estimate is active"

I do have estimates for current customers that are marked as inactive estimates.

Anybody have any good ideas on how to hide these inactive estimates from showing up in the customers contacts portal.

Thanks for all your help.

• 04-24-2014 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: Need to hide inactive estimates from contacts portal.

Hi Wildliferemoval,

I did some work with your request in my own account this afternoon, I believe I have figured out a way for you to hide your Inactive Estimates.  Unfortunately, I have run out of time to complete my instrutions on how you can do this.  I will respond to this forum thread tomorrow with my explanation then.

-Ben

• 04-28-2014 8:47 AM In reply to

Hi WildlifeRemoval,

Here are my results below, I am sorry I didn't get back to you last Friday, I was sick.

First, I had to go to Customize->Tables/Fields, then I selected "Edit Fields.." for the "Transaction" table.  In the Transaction table I choose the option for "Add a Linked Field", I choose "Link Using:" Entity, and for "Linked Field: " choose "isActive".  By doing this I have allowed us to now edit the ContactsPortal_Transactions screen to be able to filter for your inActive Estimates.

Next, I went to the screen designer to edit my ContactsPortal_Transactions copied screen, then clicked "edit" for the transaction grid at the top of the screen.  Click on the "next" button until you get to step 3of9: Filters, this is where the majority of the work will be done.  You have a few options here depending on what you want the final outcome to be, however for demo purposes I ended up creating my own filter called "Active Transactions".  Keep in mind, you can add this to one of your preexisting filters, or simply remove the other filters and just use this one, either way, you will need to add the two filters I am suggesting here.  

I have attached a screenshot showing the 3 filters I needed to use for this to work, I also included the details for each filter at the bottom of the screenshot.

To expand a bit on the filters, the 'isActive' filter is set to no, meaning if an Estimate has been set to isActive, it will not be displayed.  

The Entity filter was actually copied from one of the other preexisting filters, this will essentially show all the transactions for the Customer that is currently logged into your Contacts Portal.

The txnType (Transaction Type) filter - I realized after that I had to add this to remove all Line Item transactions that would also show up in my original isActive filtered list, ex. InvoiceLine, EsitmateLine, etc… .  So ,I simply said to remove any transactions that contain the word "line" with this filter, this did the trick.

This should be it, at least for his screen in your Contacts Portal, you should be able to follow these instructions to do the same on any other Portal screen that has the transaction grid.  Please let me know if this helped or if you have any further questions.

-Ben

• 04-29-2014 8:00 AM In reply to

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried what you suggested and when I viewed the contacts portal from inside my method account, everything looked correct but when I would log to the contact portal with my dummy account to test it, nothing had changed.

I tried many different things to find out why with no success. There are only 2 screens in the contacts portal that I customized and they were the home screen and the transactions screen. The only change I had done to both was I added a new section called Your Documents and added a grid to allow the customer to view their documents from inside the home screen and the transactions screen.

So, I ended up deleting my 2 custom screens so I could start fresh. I tested to verify and I was able to log in to the dummy portal and view everything fine.

Next, I recreated my customized home screen adding the documents section and grid and again to the transactions screen. In the transactions screen I also added in the filters as you suggested. Again, everything looks correct in my method account but this time when I log into my dummy account I get this message.

I also get this message when I click the transactions tab. I followed the recommended actions and everything seams to be inplace so Im not sure whats going on.

My methodsupport account is active if you want to take a look at it.

My dummy account is here ..........................

• 04-29-2014 8:19 AM In reply to

Hi Wildliferemoval,

I just wanted to give you a heads up that I removed the email and portal link you provided in your last post.  I am sure there is nothing wrong with putting it there, but we try not to leave any account specific info in the forums.  

I did however copy the details to my own computer, and I will take a quick peek to see what you are referring to, I will reply shortly.

-Ben

• 04-29-2014 11:16 AM In reply to

The portal is now working properly, but any invoice, estimate I click the go to and then click the pdf icon, the pdf opens but the file is blank. It only shows my logo and blue sections. All verbage has been removed???

Also, just to test, I went to the estimate and invoice screens in mentod (not the portal), clicked on a random estimate and invoice and clicked print preview and its doing the same thing. They are opening the pdf but noting is showing up. Its all blank. Im so confused now!!!

• 04-30-2014 8:29 AM In reply to

Hi Wildlifremoval,

First off, I am glad you were able to get your portal transaction screen to work correctly now, that's great.  In regards to this last issue with the blank transactions from the portal, is this still happening for you?

I just logged into your portal with the credentials you posted the other day, I don't seem to have this issue.  I tried in both Firefox and Chrome, both times I clicked on any random estimate/invoice and they popped up just fine, all info was in the pdf.  If you are still having this issue and only tried from one browser, could you try from another and let me know the result?

-Ben

• 05-01-2014 3:17 PM In reply to

Hi Ben,

Yes everything seams to be working as it should now. I have no idea what happened or how it happened.

Back to my original post, I did as you suggested but in the grid, the inactive estimate is still showing up and I am still able to open it as a pdf.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)