Method Community

creating a relationship between tables

Last post 05-16-2014 10:05 AM by Method_Russell. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2014 8:19 PM

• guy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-22-2014
    • Posts 12

creating a relationship between tables

Trying to create a relationship between customer equipment table and activity table. I have tried doing  what was posted in the forum by anonymous. But the customer equipment is not in the drop-down box. 

• 05-14-2014 3:09 PM In reply to

Re: creating a relationship between tables

Hi Guy,

CustomerEquipment is a table from the Field Services app (available with Method CRM Pro only), do you have this app installed? If you have a Pro account, you can install the Field Services app through Customize > My Account. Please see http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=methodcrm&article=Field-Services-Overview&id=222 for more details.

If you have it installed, I'll walk you through the process. Please edit the Activity table by going to Customize > Tables/Fields > Activity. Select "Add a Linked Field", Link Using CustomerEquipment, and then select the linked field you would like to display (for example Name). Then to add the field to a screen, you would drag the new field onto a section while editing the screen.

If you have questions about any of this please let me know.

-Russell

• 05-14-2014 7:31 PM In reply to

• guy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-22-2014
    • Posts 12

Yes we do have Method CRM Pro.

I did what you said went to Customize > Tables/Fields > Activity. Select "Add a Linked Field", but there is no Link to CustomerEquipment in the drop down box.

Also went to field service Customize > Tables/Fields > Activity. Select "Add a Linked Field", but there is no Link to CustomerEquipment in the drop down box under the field service.

• 05-15-2014 8:50 AM In reply to

Hi Guy,

Can you confirm that you have the Field Services app installed in your Method account?

Can you also post or link to a screenshot of the linked field options you have in the Activity table? (you can use a free image hosting site such as imgur.com) For example, this is what I have:

-Russell

• 05-15-2014 8:09 PM In reply to

• guy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-22-2014
    • Posts 12

Yes we do have pro and fieldservice. this is my screenshot of the dropdown box.

• 05-16-2014 10:05 AM In reply to

Hi Guy,

The HTML editor on this forum can be a little tricky. I fixed your embedded image, just had to change the URL from imgur.com/GnsQctL to i.imgur.com/GnsQctL.png.

Regarding your issue, I see what you mean. Instead of adding a linked field, can you add a new field? You can add a dropdown to an existing table, and select the CustomerEquipment table, and Name for the text field. Then you should be able to add the field to your screens.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

-Russell

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)