Method Community

Time not showing in Quickbooks

Last post 06-29-2010 11:18 AM by Method_Valbon. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2010 10:02 AM

• Steve
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-24-2010
    • Posts 9

Time not showing in Quickbooks

On Monday, the time I export to Quickbooks Enterprise from Method suddenly stopped showing up. I cannot find it anywhere in Enterprise. Method shows that the time was sent and everything seems to be synced and functioning correctly. We have not changed anything in our setup. Any thoughts as to why and how I can get these time posts to show up?

• 06-17-2010 3:48 PM In reply to

Re: Time not showing in Quickbooks

Hey Steve,

Is this for only entries for Monday? Also, what screen did you use to enter the time?

I was able to add in time on my account just fine. Please outline the steps taken and I will look into this more.

• 06-17-2010 4:07 PM In reply to

• Steve
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-24-2010
    • Posts 9

Ryan-

We pull time into Method from Xora. I go to the Connect with Xora tab, Get Xora time and then select the EE's for Method to import time for out of Xora. When that is complete I go to the Send to Quickbooks tab, select the entries to send and then hit send selected entries to Quickbooks. For Monday and Tuesday, I sent all of my selected entries to QB, but discovered Wednesday while running reports that none of the entries that showed as sent in Method for Monday and Tuesday were in QB. Today when I imported time for Wednesday, I only sent over one entry to test it. That entry is also not showing in QB although it shows as sent in Method. So my two problems are: 1) how do i fix the problem and 2) how do i get the time entries for Monday and Tuesday back into QB so they show up.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

• 06-18-2010 8:40 AM In reply to

Hi Steve,

Can you verify that the Method Integration Engine is up and running on the ‘main computer’ as well as any other computers that may be using QB? Try forcing a full sync if one hasn’t been completed in a while.

Do you have any unresolved conflicts in this account? This can be checked in Method by going to the QuickBooks tab and then Resolve Conflicts. One common conflict for Time Tracking is when Method users try to send time entries to QB for employees set to have activities transferred to paychecks…these must have a QB payroll item or they will be rejected by QB. The exact same happens if you try to do this directly in QB. If these or any other conflicts exist you should have them resolved!

Can you please verify the above and get back to me.

Hope this helps,

Val

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 06-18-2010 2:37 PM In reply to

• Steve
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-24-2010
    • Posts 9

Val-

I have done a full sync. I am working to get some conflicts resolved. One in particular I will need to ask you about. Originally I was getting a conflict (and have been since inception of Method, but time has gone through to QB and can be seen on reports) because I did not have the box checked to use time entries for payroll for most EE's. We do payroll through ADP, so EE's in QB exist there only for report generation; we don't pay them out of QB. For this reason, they are not set up with payroll items. Since I checked the box (and I just did this Wednesday) for the employees to use the time entries for payroll, all of the old conflicts saying the box was in an unknown state are gone but I have the new ones saying if the box is checked I must have a payroll item set up. My question is this. Will time transfer and be visible in QB if I go back and uncheck the boxes, or do I have to set up a payroll item for each employee for it to work? An if so, why was everything working OK prior to Monday when the boxes were not checked and no payroll items existed?

Thanks,

Steve

• 06-18-2010 4:59 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Steve,

This is actually a QuickBooks SDK bug/issue. The message you are getting under Resolve Conflicts will probably read:

“QuickBooks returned an error when adding/modifying a accTimeTracking record. The error was: Failed to save the Time Tracking transaction. The employee has the checkbox ''Use time data to create paychecks'' set to the Unknown state.”

In brief, the reason for the message in Method (which is actually coming from QuickBooks) is that Method is only allowed by QuickBooks to send one of 2 values(true or false) for the employee attribute 'Use time data to create paychecks'.  However QuickBooks has 3 options available for the employee (unknown, true, false). When QuickBooks tries to associate the information sent from Method with QuickBooks' current information, the above error is produced.

The easiest way around this issue is to set the Use time data to create paychecks to either true or false. Perform the following steps to ensure this.

1. From the Employee Center in QuickBooks double-click the first employee in the list.
    2. Select the Payroll Info tab.
    3. Place a check inside the Check the 'Use time date to create paychecks' checkbox.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Double-click the same employee.
    6. Select the Payroll Info tab again.
    7. Remove the check from the 'Use time date to create paychecks' checkbox to set it back to false (keep checked if you wish).
    8. Repeat steps above for each employee.
    9. Perform a full sync and check the status of your conflicts in Method. Smile

This should help!

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 06-28-2010 4:56 PM In reply to

• Steve
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-24-2010
    • Posts 9

Val-

I have done as you asked with every employee, but I still have 1720 conflicts with the same message. To recap, I checked and then unchecked the use time data for paycheck creation box on all active and terminated EE's in Enterprise, then I did a full sync with Method. Any idea as to why the errors are still there? The message in the Method connector in my icon tray says too many conflicts in time tracking to continue and to go to the resolve conflicts area in Method to correct it. Where do I go from here without having to manually delete the 1720 conflict transactions in Method?

Thanks.

• 06-29-2010 8:55 AM In reply to

Steve,

What you are seeing are not errors but rather conflicts that have occurred when Method was trying to send information to QB and was rejected for valid reasons (as per the post above).

To resolve conflicts you must decide between the two options to delete or un-delete. Deleting a conflict will remove that record and avoid trying to send it to QB in the future. The option to un-delete will attempt to send to QB again assuming the underlying cause has been resolved.

There is no option to remove conflicts in mass. Unfortunately this is something that must be considered individually for each conflict.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 06-29-2010 9:32 AM In reply to

Steve,

I’ve looked into additional resources for you. If you enable the MethodSupport user in your account our team has the option to remove conflicts in mass. Cool

Please let us know if this is something you’d like us to do?

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 06-29-2010 10:18 AM In reply to

• Steve
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-24-2010
    • Posts 9

Val-

I think what I would like to try would be to have your team undelete all of my current conflicts en masse; then I can do a full sync and see what's left. The changes I have made should fix most, if not all, of the conflicts. I have checked Method and in the user tab, Method Support is checked as active.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to do to allow your group to undelete my conflicts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

• 06-29-2010 11:18 AM In reply to

Steve,

We've done our part but the problem is that you are trying to insert times into QuickBooks and the times are before the closing date of the file. Below are just some options you might want to explore:

(1) You will have to temporarily lower the closing date if you want them to go to QB, otherwise it will keep giving conflicts, and will prevent the rest of the times from being inserted.

(2) You can delete the old TimeTracking entries in Method.

(3) You modify the TimeTracking Entries in Method and set them to waitforsyncapproval (basically preventing them from going to QB and keeping them on the Method side only).

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)