Method Community

problem (date change) entering employee time

Last post 11-10-2010 10:27 AM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2010 4:39 PM

problem (date change) entering employee time

After entering employee time on work orders, the date changed on the employees time back one day.

I have a description of the steps taken to duplicate this error

1. choose a work order
    2. go to tasks and materials,
    3. choose details of an item you want to enter employee time on,
    4. in details go to enter actual hours/ time tracking.
    • Enter the employee,
    • enter the start time, note that the time automatically entered may not represent the work order time,
    • enter finish time,
    • date should be the date of the invoice.
    • Enter the other information, class, payroll item, billable,

5. press the enter time button.  It will bounce you back to job item details,

6.  save and close.

7.  Go into time in / time out, use the refresh button to update the list and confirmed the dates are incorrect (they will be listed as the previous day).

thank you for attention to this matter

Dave

• 11-09-2010 5:27 PM In reply to

Re: problem (date change) entering employee time

Dave,

I had the same issue happen with a client of mine last week. They downloaded time from my Pendulum product and then the time was one day in the past. Only time dated between October 23 and November 4 was affected. All time downloaded into QB prior to October 23 and after November 4 was unaffected.

Also, to sync with QB in Pendulum you have to approve the time. Time that was not approved (and therefore not synchronized with QB) did not have a date change. All time withint the date range above did have a date change.

I built a loop through the table to roll the affected records forward by one day. I will make another entry if we have the problem happen again. This is the only client with this issue - that I know of.

Joe Woodard
    Woodard Consulting Group
    www.woodardconsulting.com
  • 11-10-2010 10:27 AM In reply to

Re: problem (date change) entering employee time

Answer

Hi Folks,

Dave - thanks for the workaround! We did experience an issue related to the time change this past weekend which may have affected some of the customer records. The issue was promptly resolved on Monday with our developers, however should you find that you are still experiencing issues with incorrect time, kindly let us know here.

Thank you,
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)